Hello...I am new here!

beautiful

Im so glad I found this website. I suffer from Social Phobia and have had it since I was born. I always thought there was something wrong with me, why couldnt I have friends? Why could I not have fun at a party? Why did I always have to think twice about something most people never give a thought to etc etc!

Then when I was 15, my teacher took me out in front of loads of other kids and had a go at me. She was nasty and she was yelling at me because I was shy. I never felt so humiliated. She told me shyness is somethign you are supposed to grow out of & then I should grow up and stop acting like a little kid. And she told me to join in things more even though to me, this was impossible!

So even though I had this social phobia since I was born...when at 15, I had that horrible experience with the teacher, that just made it worse, adn I felt that having this condition was unacceptable, and now I am 23 and feel deeply ashamed about being this way, but I cant help it :(

Im always being told Im lazy or getting told off by everyone because I have trouble getting a job!!! Ifind it hard to get a job with this!!!

Hey welcome to the site :)

SA is nothing to be ashamed of, lots of people have it. You're teacher sounds like a right cow, I'd rather have SA than be a nasty b*tch like her lol.

Make yourself at home ;)

Naomi x

P.s I love your name!

beautiful

Thanks for saying you like my name :)

I feel better already knowing Im not alone. I always thougth I was a lone until today when I found this forum :)

Yes that teacher was the nastiest of the nasty. She was loud, and gobby and always got on well with the loudest naughiest kids!!!!

sweetsour_eisha

Hye beautiful... :D welcome ...! :D :D :D :D :D

that's how i felt too when i first found this site.. i really found comfort from the stories told to know that i'm not alone.. and i still am so grateful :)

Your teacher was a biatch.. don't fucking bother a behaviour like that...
but as the saying goes
hate the attitude never the person :wink:

till then,
me :)

beautiful

Hello to everyone who has replied, thanks for making me feel welcome :) Its good to feel welcome for once in my life hehe :)

beautiful

Hello Matt, nice to meet you :)

My real name is Lorraine

What is the CBA thing you mentioned?

Currently Im not getting any help. When I was at school, I used to see a counsellor there (another lovely teacher helped me to see her), and since leaving school I have seen many counsellors, but none have helped me :(

beautiful

Im from Cambridgeshire. I find it impossible to even go shopping. Im ok if my Mum or boyfriend is with me, but then they are the ones who have to pay for it (dont worry I pay them back lol) but Im even too afraid to talk to the cashier and pay for them myself.

msleesa

Wow, you sound alot like me. I'm 36 now but like you have had it all my life not knowing what was wrong. I didn't have the same experience in school as you but one just as heartbreaking and traumatic. i overheard a group of teachers talking about me while chatting before class, and saying how I was just "mad at the world" They must have thought because i never spoke that I could also not hear. I know what you mean about getting a job also. i never went to college because of my experience in High School, just wanted out and to never be in a similar environment ever again. My location now makes it hard to get a decent job to begin with, much less when you have this disorder and , what I do is "talk myself out" of any opportunity presented, i build walls so that I don't have to risk failure. or success. Anyhow, welcome!