Hello everyone

JuiceB

Hello. I am a 34 year old male who's had SA for many years now. My social skills are pretty bad, its taken me a month to even know how to introduce myself. I haven't had any real friends since I was barely 20. I would like to be able to change myself and become more socialable (is this a word? I forget) with others but it's pretty hard especially since I have a stuttering problem which can be better or worse depending on my situation. It's hard trying to conversate with people when you don't know what to say, how to say it or if the words you use will even come out appropriately.

I found out about this site late last year and have been lurking ever since. I thought I'd go ahead and give it a try since it seems you all support each other.

Hi! I'm 18 I have the same problem as you. I don't studder, but I just don't know how to be a sociable person either. So youre not alone. Whenever put in the position I never know or have anything to say to someone and I get uncomfortable and feel like the other person is judging me thinking I'm weird. I need someway to change myself and get over this horrible anxiety.

dragonoth

Hey JuiceB! Welcome to the forum :)

An advice given to me by someone else over gaining social skills is to read aloud. Apparently it will help you to formulate your responses in conversations and make it smoother. I try to read aloud when I think nobody is listening :D

Hey JuiceB! Welcome to the forum :)

An advice given to me by someone else over gaining social skills is to read aloud. Apparently it will help you to formulate your responses in conversations and make it smoother. I try to read aloud when I think nobody is listening :D

Did it help you at all?

JuiceB

Thanks everyone.

@crystaldawn - I don't think I ever tried that but I guess I'll give it a go.

Jaysonguy

Hello. I am a 34 year old male who's had SA for many years now. My social skills are pretty bad, its taken me a month to even know how to introduce myself. I haven't had any real friends since I was barely 20. I would like to be able to change myself and become more socialable (is this a word? I forget) with others but it's pretty hard especially since I have a stuttering problem which can be better or worse depending on my situation. It's hard trying to conversate with people when you don't know what to say, how to say it or if the words you use will even come out appropriately.

I found out about this site late last year and have been lurking ever since. I thought I'd go ahead and give it a try since it seems you all support each other.

Nice to sorta meet you lol

Transformers fan? Back from G1?