Headaches and SA

slimjim119

I have always gotten frequent headaches as a result of social anxiety because of all the tension that builds up and no way of release in certain situations. Seems recently I have gotten migraines as well. Which usually don't respond to advil(pain relievers) and affects one side of your head, and makes you more sensitive to noise and light. Just wondering if anyone else has similar problems.

xSleepy

Im one of the very unlucky people who sufferes from the worst, and i mean WORST migranes you will ever experience. But thankfully I dont get them too often.

And I know mine are not caused by anxiety. But im pretty sure anxiety can cause some people to have headaches.

I get headaches ALOT, usually 3-4 times a week or so, most often migraine headaches. It gets worse as the day goes through, and they're usually painful at night. I have to go into a dark room and just lay there because it hurts so much I can't do anything. It often affects my schoolwork. Headaches suck.

slimjim119

I usually take 2 Advil liqui-gels. Works well with tension headaches. Not migraines. They have prescription medication for migraines which I hope I won't need. I think in the U.S. you need a prescription for anything with codeine in it.

miss_amy

I get lots of headaches too. I found pain relievers not much help, think I was taking too many.

Anyway found something that helps me now, its a little stick called 4head that you wipe on your head. Its like a strong menthol/minty thing. It really works for me.

Do any of you clench your teeth at night? I find I get really bad jaw ache and headaches when I feel particularly stressed.

slimjim119

I do clench my teeth and grind them at night when I'm really stressed out. Had to get a nightguard because of it.

Lea

Banned
I have often headaches, which tend to ease toward the evening. It is no sharp pain, but rather a result of too many negative emotions. Like they are getting stuck in my head. And I have observed they get much worse after frequent attacks from my father. Then my head feels like inflamed, stiff neck, foggy eyes and I have almost fever. In the morning I am so beaten up that I find it hard to pull myself out of bed.
I don´t take any medication against it, I find it somehow natural that I have it, it is psychosomatical and a result of how I get treated and how I live. I´ve always somehow felt that it is my fault that I feel like this, and that I don´t do enough, don´t push myself hard enough. But it is difficult to do something when you feel so shitty that it is disabling.

noblame4

Yea, I get 'em too. Not so much from the SA as when the depression kicks in. It's like waking up with a hangover (even though i havent been drinking) that can turn into a full-tilt migrane. (immobilizing, throwing up, cursing at the walls hell.)

Usually, when i get up i put down some extra strength BC powder and a lot of caffiene. That'll hold it off, usually.

But the best thing is to just get my mind off the depression. Get up, get my clothes on, go somewhere. Even if it's just to a bookstore or for a walk in the woods. (but hell, it's hard to get started when you feel like you've got a fetus trying to beat it's way out of your skull.)