Have you?

Emma

Have you ever done anything really extreme get out of a situation you knew would be really uncomfortable?

I'm going to admit that a few years ago, when I had to go on school camp, I didn't want to have to sit with my entire year at meal times, so for three days I went without food or water, and made myself sick, because I was so dehydrated, is anyone else as dumb as me? :oops:
I always wanted to confess that :oops:

stormygrey

Emma said:
Have you ever done anything really extreme get out of a situation you knew would be really uncomfortable?

I'm going to admit that a few years ago, when I had to go on school camp, I didn't want to have to sit with my entire year at meal times, so for three days I went without food or water, and made myself sick, because I was so dehydrated, is anyone else as dumb as me? :oops:

I had a similar experience... in 2004-5 when i was in 11th and 12th grades, when I went to school I hated breaks or recess, because that would mean I'd have to go down to the canteen and mingel with people/sit with them. with the result I never ate anything during school (and the hours used to be pretty long). When I came back home, I'd be starving. I had gastric problems because of that, but thank goodness those two years were over!

Thelema

Emma said:

Trust me Emma I have done worse things. Things I can't even speak of here and I carry it around with me everywhere I go. No regrets! 8)

Joker

My senior year in highschool I was chosen as a homecoming candidate. I freaked big time. So the night before homecoming I waited until my family had gone to bed and I snuck outside and stood in the freezing cold, wearing only my boxers, hoping that I would get sick and not have to go to school the next day. :(

Thelema

I just remembered for some reason in the sixth grade I didn't want to go to school the next day so I kept hitting my head on my bed frame hoping I would get a bump or a bruise or something so I wouldn't have to go...just got a sore spot :lol:

TAMPA-BAY

Have you ever done some thing extreme to avoid

In School i would always pretend to be sleeping on the school bus to avoid the conversation.

On Marching Band trips I would do the same. Once in a while we would have out of city band trip over 8 to 10 hours long. I would try the sleeping trick but i could only sleep for so long. I would then listen to the radio but the signals were unreliable . I would then listen to cds(pre i -pods )but eventually you run out of cds to listen to.

At work i would drive home for lunch breaks but during hurricane season gas prices would explode making that expensive. Also during the touris and Holiday season the trafic congestion would make a 5minute trim 45minutes.

Right now a work I simply delay my lunch break so that i alwayse arrive later than my co-workers but that doesn't work anymore cause now I have developed a repuation for
avoiding taking lunch with my co-workers.

Now those mainstreamers (my co-workers ) joke that iam snotty/stuck up / etc...etc...

jennn

I never eat with my coworkers either and I also think they think I'm pretty rude. I usually don't eat at all, or eat something really small at my desk. It's really dumb, I know. It's not the eating I don't like but just the being with people that freaks me out.

abc1234

If i knew that in school there was going to be a class that was going to involve having to pick a partner for an assignment id fake being sick and stay home.I did that alot it was just really uncomfortable for me to have to be paired with some or a group of people so i avoided has much as i could .

april_xx

abc1234 said:
If i knew that in school there was going to be a class that was going to involve having to pick a partner for an assignment id fake being sick and stay home.I did that alot it was just really uncomfortable for me to have to be paired with some or a group of people so i avoided has much as i could .
me too. nobody would ever pick me/id have nobody to pick :( (the most embarrasing part id say.) . and (this sounds like total paranoia but..) the last say three people would be going over to others saying please please can they go with them, "otherwise i'll be stuck with april for the next hour" :roll: :cry: id always have to end up being be "the teachers partner". god lol. and then people started going"aaaaawwwww". :oops: i always skip those days since that happened. i dont really do anything else drastic than skip alot of school. wow some of these storys are really amazing lol.

Shonen_Yo said:
In scouts I'd go weeks without going to the bathroom. No lie!
how??!? 8O :lol:

edit: omg im so sorry i just read over the last bit i wrote, ahh im a dumbass i thought..never mind :lol: :oops:

DYiNG-iNSiDE

-i skip lunch cuz i have no1 2 sit w/
-ill take a 0 in class instead of doing it if it has 2 do w/ talkin in front of the class or something like that.
-ill wait till the bell 2 go 2 the bathrm even if ive gotta go RLLY bad
-if ppl r blocking my locked ill just keep walking and not have the stuff 4 my next class
-i need $ & and 2 drive but i dont get a job or take drivers ed bcuz u have to interact w/ ppl

theres TONS more i know but thats all i can think of right now

cobalt_bluester

Hi. I once stayed in my bedroom for a day and a half to avoid meeting some friends of a flat mate. It was sheer hell, and I embarassingly ended up weeing in a small can in my room to avoid going to the toilet, and revealing my presence.

cuill

I went three days without crapping at basketball camp once. I was so constipated, by the third day I had to spend about an hour on the pot. what a terrible week.

oszapo

I was in a house upstairs when a lot of people came in and all been waiting for me to go down.I was shakin and already blushed big time so i started spinnin around in the room for a while till i felt really sick then i went donw thought this will help me blush and worry less.It worked for a few minutes only..
At a meal out with my boyfriend i picked out all the chillies first and ate them first -the pain makes the worry go away so sad and so stupid but very important in order to survive.There is a lot more but to painful memories

You're definitely not alone. I once hid under my camp bed for a few hours, surviving on granola bars to avoid confronting the other campers during mealtimes and breaks. I sometimes hide in the bathroom during lunch at school so that I wouldn't have to set foot in the crowded lunchroom. I also attempted to break my leg to get out of embarrassing myself in gym class. 8O

Kinetik

Last year at college I had to do a presentation so I made up a story about having a really bad lung condition (I think it was bronchitis). The professor wanted a doctor's note, so I ended up driving to the local hospital to pick up some paper with their letterhead on it (I lied and said my sister just had a baby at that hospital and I wanted some stationary for a scrap book). So I finally got the paper from the front desk and then I spent ages practicing "doctor's handwriting" before finally composing my note on the paper and then handing it to the professor. Then I spent the next week freaking out about the possibility of the professor seeing through my handwriting and failing me in the class. Thankfully it all worked out, but I still got a D overall because I missed the presentation. I still laugh thinking about all the shit I go through just to weasel out of situations that nobody else has trouble with. Talk about making life hard for yourself.

Emma

I've been hiding in the filing room at work, pretending to file, so that I don't have to answer the phone....when really, I'm just tap dancing and pulling faces :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I hope no-one sees

Shonen_Yo

april_xx said:
abc1234 said:
me too. nobody would ever pick me/id have nobody to pick :( (the most embarrasing part id say.) . and (this sounds like total paranoia but..) the last say three people would be going over to others saying please please can they go with them, "otherwise i'll be stuck with april for the next hour" :roll: :cry: id always have to end up being be "the teachers partner". god lol. and then people started going"aaaaawwwww". :oops: i always skip those days since that happened. i dont really do anything else drastic than skip alot of school. wow some of these storys are really amazing lol.

Shonen_Yo said:
In scouts I'd go weeks without going to the bathroom. No lie!
how??!? 8O :lol:

edit: omg im so sorry i just read over the last bit i wrote, ahh im a dumbass i thought..never mind :lol: :oops:

Well I peed on a tree when I could, but I would sit up at night crying when the pain got so bad.

I think I reached nirvana when I'd finally get home :lol:

ForeverBlue

Several years ago I was doing a short course in Child Care. In part of it we had to make up our own story and then read it to the class as though they were children. I went to class in the morning and we were doing the story bit after lunch so I just went home sick before lunch. Luckily I wasn't made to do it the next day.

There have been other times too where I have pretended to be sick or something to get out of a stressful situation.