Have you tried praying for a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuurt

Anyone ever try to attract a friend with the law of attraction or the power of prayer?

Perhaps a lover or best friend of the opposite sex?

Who perhaps also has social anxiety (someone who can relate to you)?

I have attracted a friend before and a couple potential girlfriends with the power of prayer. The problem I had with the potential girlfriends was that I screwed up my chances with my social anxiety of course. Actually that's probably why I lost the friend too. But, I've never tried to pray for a girl that also has social anxiety. That might be worth a try.

If anybody gives this a try, come back to this post and share your results.

AtTheGates

Banned
I agree, there is power in prayer and its possible that collective unconscious has something to do with it . I can't PROVE and nor can anyone disprove it.. but thats part of what having FAITH is about.

prayer it works even BETTER when pray together with other people and it gives you all motivation to go out and make sh!t happen. lol. you can pray FOR someone or you can pray WITH them and then help each other . Prayer can bring people together like that .

Last edited:
I'm not so much into the whole prayer thing as I am law of attraction. I have been using LOA my whole life without even realizing it - it has definitely worked for me before.

I attracted my very first boyfriend that way. We met online, lost contact for 8 months and I remember crying in my bed asking the universe to bring him back and visualizing him in my life - I basically just gave up and released it to the universe and the very next day I got a message from him saying he had been trying to find me - it was crazy. I also made a list of all the attributes I wanted in a boyfriend, totally forgot about it and when I found it, I realized my (then) boyfriend was everything I had listed.

I am trying to do this again to attract another boyfriend, but I think I should use it for friends first. From previous experience, you can't have a successful relationship if neither of you have friends/are only eachother's friend - it just doesn't work.

kuurt

Yeah, might be a good idea to attract/manifest a friend first. I want a female friend with benefits because I need more practice. I want to get better at kissing and making love. I don't have as much experience as others because of my social anxiety. I would like to be good at these things before I get a girlfriend.

Bronson99

"Benefits" That kind of arrangement is only possible if you're socially smooth or unusually attractive, unfortunately.

Shy/awkward only works if you're looking for something serious.

It's a curse, but that's just how it works. Shy/awkward guys can only expect to have serious longterm arrangements, you see.

Any kind of social difficulty will drastically limit a guy's options, the only thing you can do is try to fit the mold you're given. For the other half, shy translates to industrious, dependable, driven. You have to become that to have a chance at anything.

I'm not religious, so i don't pray.

And i don't believe in the power of positive thinking, nor the law of attraction. I've never been able to magically "attract" things to me; all i've achieved has been thru hard work, and nothing else.

I have a friend who is religious, and he has prayed for me a number of times, but my "luck" with life hasn't changed one iota. Perhaps it's because i don't believe in the power of prayer? God knows. I haven't tried praying for my friend, as what's the point if i ain't religious?

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
I want a female friend with benefits because I need more practice. I want to get better at kissing and making love. .

well I'm sure there is some girl some where who wouldnt mind being a "test dummy" like that...but I dont think thats the kind of thing anyone one should be praying for but that just my opinion

and that kind of girl would most likely be pretty gross anyway, just saying.

depending on your intentions you might be able to attract certain kinds of people to you though.

Last edited:

Bo592

I tried praying for a girlfriend and in fact I got pages and pages of me praying for a girlfriend in my journal. My problem is I started arguing with god about it. I got extremely bug that I had a natural feeling that went against god wishes. I got more mad when I heard about the story of powerful angels even could not over come this arges and went into battle with god over this and the earth women give birth to gaints. Then the men could not please the gaints and so the gaints turn on them and ate them up.

So if great and powerful angels of the Lord can`t even over come these arges to be with a women then what chance do I have. I think we are suppost to pray for strengh to get what we want in stead of just wishing for god to just hand it over to us. God give us free will So it not in god power to force some one to love you. However we can still be happy no matter wath.

If you are wanting a relationship with someone well the way I always saw about going about getting this done was to first find a path search for a passion somthing that will fill your heart with emotions to share to the world to help you to understand who you are and help you to understand what you can offer to others. Finding a friend or lover in this world was never meant to be consider as a goal to accomplish these are people you meet along your path.

kuurt

I really don't want to get into debating God or religion - everyone has their own beliefs, but I clearly have different beliefs about God. And I'm not religious. To me God is NOT a man with a white beard who sits on a throne in the clouds of heaven that says yes to some of your prayers and no to others. God is energy, light, and love. And we are all apart of God or Source.

It amazes me that so many people think you can't or shouldn't ask God for certain things as if God is going to judge you for it. I don't believe that way.

Nothing wrong with praying for the strength to get what we want, that's a good idea too. I don't believe in wishing, but I do believe in asking and I think you can ask God for anything.

It's not about forcing anybody to love you, it's about drawing to you the right person who is a good match for you in this moment of now. There is no way you can know who is a good match for you so trying to go at it alone doesn't seem very smart when God knows everything and can led and direct you.

God can bring the right person across your path and give you the knowing that that person is the one you asked for. I have experienced this. But like I said, my social anxiety gets in the way and I mess it up.

I don't believe in a judgmental God, I believe in an unconditionally loving and supportive God. And I believe in the law of attraction because I've experienced it many times in my life. Even Jesus taught the law of attraction. He said "and all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVE, you shall receive it". It all comes down to belief (faith). You will receive it if you believe you will.

God doesn't lay down a right or wrong, but simply put a law in place that whatsoever you ask for (desire - desire is the asking) you will receive IF you believe.

I don't see anything wrong with making it a goal to get a friend or lover if that is what you want. Think God wants you to be lonely? I don't.

AtTheGates

Banned
I really don't want to get into debating God or religion - everyone has their own beliefs, but I clearly have different beliefs about God. And I'm not religious. To me God is NOT a man with a white beard who sits on a throne in the clouds of heaven that says yes to some of your prayers and no to others. God is energy, light, and love. And we are all apart of God or Source.

It amazes me that so many people think you can't or shouldn't ask God for certain things as if God is going to judge you for it. I don't believe that way.

Nothing wrong with praying for the strength to get what we want, that's a good idea too. I don't believe in wishing, but I do believe in asking and I think you can ask God for anything.

It's not about forcing anybody to love you, it's about drawing to you the right person who is a good match for you in this moment of now. There is no way you can know who is a good match for you so trying to go at it alone doesn't seem very smart when God knows everything and can led and direct you.

God can bring the right person across your path and give you the knowing that that person is the one you asked for. I have experienced this. But like I said, my social anxiety gets in the way and I mess it up.

I don't believe in a judgmental God, I believe in an unconditionally loving and supportive God. And I believe in the law of attraction because I've experienced it many times in my life. Even Jesus taught the law of attraction. He said "and all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVE, you shall receive it". It all comes down to belief (faith). You will receive it if you believe you will.

God doesn't lay down a right or wrong, but simply put a law in place that whatsoever you ask for (desire - desire is the asking) you will receive IF you believe.

I don't see anything wrong with making it a goal to get a friend or lover if that is what you want. Think God wants you to be lonely? I don't.

true but there ARE people that have to do their best to lay down a right or wrong or else people will just do whatever they want and people get taken advantage of that way.. ..and a lot of those "rights or wrongs" are based on judeo-christian values which are a very important aspect of any civilized society. The counter culture had a good purpose but then it got all screwed up because some people just ripped down all sense of right and wrong. Some of them forgot that there is a REASON why society has authority figures (and its not just to mess with people.)

There are plenty of places that a person could find a hook-up buddy though. Like tinder , where people's intentions are generally just obvious. ...but I'm just saying if she's one of the "DTF" types then she may or may not be REALLY gross. so use protection. The same could be said for guys like that though.

Last edited:

kuurt

I like good girls though, the wild ones scare me because I don't want to end up with an STD. That would be my concern with hooking up with someone on tinder.

AtTheGates

Banned
well you have to realize that there are young women on this website (and men too) who have serious problems that they have a hard time coping with.

So theres that.

I'm sure there are places where you can find a girl that would be interested in having sex (if thats what you mean by making love) with no strings attached. I suppose if its mutual then thats understandable ...but also when you find a girlfriend you might not want her to find out about the hook-up buddy.

anyway thats just my opinion .

Last edited:

kuurt

well you have to realize that there are young women on this website (and men too) who have serious problems that they have a hard time coping with.

I'm not sure what your point is. I have serious problems myself - that's why I'm here. I'm 35 years old and I've only had one girlfriend in my entire life who I wasn't really that into. I was just extremely lonely and desperate and didn't think I could do any better. Even if this post changes one person's life as a result of them praying for a partner, then it was worth it - maybe they won't end up like me.

when you find a girlfriend you might not want her to find out about the hook-up buddy
If I find a girlfriend I would just stop seeing the hook-up buddy. I wouldn't want to cheat on my girlfriend.

AtTheGates

Banned
I'm not sure what your point is. I have serious problems myself - that's why I'm here.

If I find a girlfriend I would just stop seeing the hook-up buddy. I wouldn't want to cheat on my girlfriend.

yeah so do I..

it just sounds like you're looking for a hook up buddy to have sex with and that doesnt sound much like "making love" , if thats what you're referring to. ..because thats not love, it has nothing to DO with love....just wanted to throw that out there.

iv only had one serious girlfriend as well and I cared about her a lot. She was important to me.

I suppose we've maybe just had a misunderstanding . anyway, best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Bronson99

There are plenty of places that a person could find a hook-up buddy though. Like tinder , where people's intentions are generally just obvious. ...but I'm just saying if she's one of the "DTF" types then she may or may not be REALLY gross. so use protection. The same could be said for guys like that though.

Regarding online, what's a guy to do with rejection-sensitivity dysphoria? Being like this makes trying to find any kind of mate into a pain-tolerance fest. I haven't tried extremely hard to find anyone, but whenever I did, it was just a constant slog of one kind of rejection after another (no reply, replies but stops, acts interested but loses interest, and a few cases of "they were interested" but I wasn't.)

I'm ridiculously sensitive to rejection. But then there's the whole complex I've got about the whole thing. Especially as it pertains to online. Just thinking how all the "high quality guys" must be getting all the attention and the fact that it's like 4:1 men-to-women... it's a huge social competition, basically, and yet guys like us--social anxiety, mild autism, whatever--there's just not much there on offer. It's an automatic failure and yet the irony is folks tell me to "spend a LONG time on those sites, tweaking the profile and working hard on it" but I can't anticipate anything but rejection. I don't have high standards either.

What's the point in doing something that makes you feel terrible about yourself and questioning your looks, etc?

AtTheGates

Banned
Regarding online, what's a guy to do with rejection-sensitivity dysphoria? Being like this makes trying to find any kind of mate into a pain-tolerance fest. I haven't tried extremely hard to find anyone, but whenever I did, it was just a constant slog of one kind of rejection after another (no reply, replies but stops, acts interested but loses interest, and a few cases of "they were interested" but I wasn't.)

I'm ridiculously sensitive to rejection. But then there's the whole complex I've got about the whole thing. Especially as it pertains to online. Just thinking how all the "high quality guys" must be getting all the attention and the fact that it's like 4:1 men-to-women... it's a huge social competition, basically, and yet guys like us--social anxiety, mild autism, whatever--there's just not much there on offer. It's an automatic failure and yet the irony is folks tell me to "spend a LONG time on those sites, tweaking the profile and working hard on it" but I can't anticipate anything but rejection. I don't have high standards either.

What's the point in doing something that makes you feel terrible about yourself and questioning your looks, etc?

When it comes to rejection-sensitivity dysphoria you might want to ask a doctor about that. Iv never heard of that diagnosis ..but I would say being a good person/kind-hearted person goes a long way with the right people even if you feel like you dont have much else to offer.

. Im sure there are girls/women out there who would be interested but the whole idea of cutting contact with her after she's served her purpose isnt very cool...just saying.

I mean tbh, the only kind of girl who wouldnt mind that kind of thing would basically be a hooker or something close to it.

Last edited:

I "don't do" rejection, for similar reasons. The main reason being that i KNOW i'll never "attract" a woman (any attraction is momentary if at all), and so all it is, is just the pain of rejection, and nothing good ... and every time it happens, it stirs up a "hornet's nest" of all the times i've been rejected, and other related shit, and i get out-of-control feelings ... so why bother?
I REFUSE to allow ANY woman the CHANCE to reject me, as i simply can't handle it when it happens.
Rejecting me is "NOTHING" to them, water off a duck's back, and they probably forget about it in a heartbeat ... but for me it's EVERYTHING. By refusing to get into any situations where i can be overtly rejected, i'm looking after my fragile mental health. It's what i NEED to do.
But on the other hand, i have times, quite regularly, where i pine/yearn/etc for even the TINIEST amount of contact with a (beautiful/etc) woman.
So i can't win. Catch-22.

kuurt

I "don't do" rejection, for similar reasons. The main reason being that i KNOW i'll never "attract" a woman (any attraction is momentary if at all), and so all it is, is just the pain of rejection, and nothing good ... and every time it happens, it stirs up a "hornet's nest" of all the times i've been rejected, and other related shit, and i get out-of-control feelings ... so why bother?

I really hate to see people give up and it sounds like you've given up hope. You can be the best looking guy, the perfect guy and there will still be some girls that will not be interested in you for one reason or another. Not every girl will want you, that's just the reality of it. And you don't need EVERY girl to want you. You really shouldn't let rejection bother you so much. After all you don't want to be with the wrong girl - if a girl rejects you (isn't interested) then she's the wrong girl.

I think you should give prayer a proper try. You don't have to be religious, you just have to muster up some faith and believe that God/Source/the Universe (whatever) is bringing you the perfect girl or whatever. If you have prayed in the past but didn't have faith then you didn't really pray at all. You can pray 100 times and if you only had faith on the hundredth time then you really only prayed once.

Although if you don't love yourself you might want to work on yourself first before trying to attract somebody else. That's something I'm currently working on myself.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
This is a religious thread, so folks, please keep in mind rule 4 and be respectful towards people's beliefs even when you don't share them.

FORUM RULES

4. Global This forum is a world forum, so members should respect each others religious and cultural differences, this also requires athiests and religious members to show respect when debating

https://socialphobiaworld.com/site-rules-26660/

Status
Not open for further replies.