have you been diagnosed?

Have you been diagnosed with social anxiety disoder by a doctor or psychiatrist?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'm sure I have it

• No, and I'm not sure I have it

• Total voters
Recently I was wondering how many people here have actually been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder. Hence, this poll.

Siren

Well, kind of yes.
My psych. refers to some of the things I do as "your social anxiety", but she has never actually said the words "you have social anxiety disorder."

Thinking about it, I guess that would be a yes, but I'm picky about wording and phrasing like that.

dan_e

No. I didn't know SA had a name or that others felt the same way. No one talks about it ya know? People just always say I'm quiet or shy when I don't really think that I am. I feel trapped in my body.

Seabreeze

I too have been diagnosed with social phobia by a psychiatrist. I did 6 months of intensive cognitive behaviour therapy. It helped alot at the time. It enabled me to start using public transport again, go shopping without being frightened and helped me in securing a job. I have not seen my psychiatrist in 7 years even though I was advised to touch base with her. Lately I feel like I'm slipping again as I have not kept on top of it. My GP wants me to see somebody again.

i went 2 psyciatrists twice for about a month and 1/2 each but each time i started to panic about going and eventually stopped. i'm gonna see it through one day. for now i'm studying buddhist psycology and its 4 noble truths. its actually been a real help so far. :)

Daz

I diagnosed myself about 5 years ago at the age of 15.

I went to the doctors and before i had even said hi, i told him that i had Social Anxiety.

This foreign doctor didn't have a clue as to what social anxiety was.

We got talking and he said that i might have depression so he gave me a link to a CBT training website, which hasn't helped me in the slightest.

I went there in the hope of getting some form of medication.

The link is below if anyone want to try it out

http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

glamorous

I was formally diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder last fall,
but I knew something wasn't right long before then. :?