Hanging with young friends..

michaeln

I'm 15 turning 16.
I noticed that I mostly hang with my friends who are at least 2 years - 6 years younger than me long ago.

I just feel comfortable because I don't have to compete with friends my age or older. I can just be myself.

When I hang with young kids, I don't try to be cool and stuff.

I get really nervous and shy if one of my friends who are about my age come visit me at my house.

Anomaly

It's the opposite for me, I'm more comfortable being around people who are older than me, but this isn't exclusive to friends (which I lack). I usually have more things in common with the older crowd and tend to act more like them.

Mikey

It sounds unhealthy, to me, for someone who is 15 to mostly be hanging with friends who are 6 years younger. :-/ That's just a really, really big maturity (and physical) gap.

I don't know. If I found out one of my friends was hanging out with 10 year olds, I'd be concerned. I'm not judging you, I'm just pointing out...it's an odd situation.

Maybe you can try to find people your own age, who you can feel comfortable with? People who are, as they say, "children at heart"? Rather than actual children.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I'm 17, though I prefer talking to people over 20.
I don't like my peers. Adolescence is just... too uncomfortable. So I guess it's the same reasoning, different age group of preference.

LadyWench

I usually prefer being around older people, than people my age (I'm 20). I hate teens and generally people in my age group (at least in this crappy town) are extremely annoying and immature. However, my best friend, that's also my boyfriend's youngest sister, is 13. I feel pathetic and probably pedophilic, but we get along and I have a lot more in common with her than I do with normal people my age. I don't have to put on a show for her or pretend to be cool.

Damn Them Oldies

I don't really have friends, but the idea of hanging out with younger people just sounds weird to me. Maybe not so much weird, but just uncomfortable, at least in my eyes. I like being around older people, like atleast 2 or 3 years older than me, maybe even people in their twenties. I've also noticed that whenever on the rare occasion that I actually do go somewhere, I'm almost always the youngest person there. It's probably just the opposite for you, and who you feel more at ease around.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
It sounds unhealthy, to me, for someone who is 15 to mostly be hanging with friends who are 6 years younger. :-/ That's just a really, really big maturity (and physical) gap.

I don't know. If I found out one of my friends was hanging out with 10 year olds, I'd be concerned. I'm not judging you, I'm just pointing out...it's an odd situation.

Maybe you can try to find people your own age, who you can feel comfortable with? People who are, as they say, "children at heart"? Rather than actual children.

All of my friends are much younger than me, yet I have more interesting conversations with them than anyone my age :/ Age has nothing to do with maturity. You can be 15 but act like a 30 year old, and you can be 30 and act like a child. It's more a matter of personalities matching, not age or maturity level. Just because you're young it doesn't make you immature and childish. Just an opinion.

Mikey

Yeah, but 10 years old? I don't know. That just doesn't rub me the right way. Just my opinion, as well.

mismeek

I'm 15 turning 16.
I noticed that I mostly hang with my friends who are at least 2 years - 6 years younger than me long ago.

I just feel comfortable because I don't have to compete with friends my age or older. I can just be myself.

When I hang with young kids, I don't try to be cool and stuff.

I get really nervous and shy if one of my friends who are about my age come visit me at my house.

Im 21 and I get along best with 10-14 year olds.. Im not saying I don't have friends my age, cause I do, but I like machaeln said, you are able to relax around them because they dont judge you. I hang out with my friend's younger brother and have video game matches/ share video games with him weekly. I would definitely consider him one of my close friends.

Mikey

I mean this in the nicest way, but this topic makes me think of...

3380224938_148ca984d5_m.jpg

"I'd like to show you my wishing treeee...ch'mon!" lol