Hallucinations from taking zoloft

beachbum

HI, I have taken zoloft for about a year now, and within the last 6 months I have been experiencing hallucinations. Not major hallucinations, but more like bugs and spiders and sometimes I think I see someone and nobody is there. The weird thing that happens is at night. I'll be asleep dreaming and I think I see a spider crawl on my pillow. When I wake up, my eyes are already open and the spider is gone. Has anyone else who has taken zoloft experienced anything similar like this? I would love some feedback :)

Emma

I took zoloft for 7 years, from when I was 12 and I stopped taking it last year, I didn't get hallucinations as such...but I guess since no-one I know will read this I can say what it did to me personally.....I got really paranoid, I would imagine people were talking about me, when they weren't, I would cry constantly over nothing and I tried to hurt myself on a few occasions...I used to think someone was standing near me at night or I would see something like someone walking past my bed really fast.