Halloween Costumes?

What is going to be your costume for halloween? I'm trying to get some ideas. I know that most of us will be frightened to go out (no pun intended), but I think a lot of us still dress up just for fun. And it gives us the chance to wear masks and hide ourselfs (anyone else feel more comfortable while wearing a mask? :D). So what are you going to be?

coyote

My neighbors find it creepy when a 46 year old man shows up at their door wearing a tutu and asking for candy.

next time, I'll try it on October 31st instead of June 25th

Forgotten-Children

Normally I make my costume (I look more like a cosplayer than a person ready for Halloween though) However, due to lack of money, I haven't made one. Instead my grandma's going to send me a black widow costume (not the spider but a wife who kills her husband for money). My aunt who lives with her bought it for only 5 dollars at a thrift store! I tried it on already when I was visiting her so I know it fits (I HIGHLY doubt I gained weight with my metabolism)

Also... I REALLY wish I could still go trick or treating because I love candy but my town actually had a law passed that only 14 years or younger only can go. :/ It doesn't help that the police ALWAYS drive around town during Halloween, not to mention they all know me because my sister has had numeral incidents to get her noticed by the police. No crimes but... well, she's Bi-polar and has the usual teen problems.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of being something scary myself. Looking forward to wearing a mask and acting silly, without worrying about people looking at me :D

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Normally I make my costume (I look more like a cosplayer than a person ready for Halloween though) However, due to lack of money, I haven't made one. Instead my grandma's going to send me a black widow costume (not the spider but a wife who kills her husband for money). My aunt who lives with her bought it for only 5 dollars at a thrift store! I tried it on already when I was visiting her so I know it fits (I HIGHLY doubt I gained weight with my metabolism)

Also... I REALLY wish I could still go trick or treating because I love candy but my town actually had a law passed that only 14 years or younger only can go. :/ It doesn't help that the police ALWAYS drive around town during Halloween, not to mention they all know me because my sister has had numeral incidents to get her noticed by the police. No crimes but... well, she's Bi-polar and has the usual teen problems.

Your town has a law preventing you from treat or treating? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard (Not really but it is silly). Hint: wear a mask.

Tiercel

I stopped dressing up when I stopped doing things on Halloween. Where's the fun in putting on a costume if one just sits around indoors and no one sees the costume? Plus, I don't have any good ideas.

Several nights ago a friend seemed impressed with the inclusion of rapeseed on an ingredients list, and that got me thinking. But there's really no way to base one's costume on rapeseed without sinking into poor taste....

Oh well. There's always the possibility of that starvation diet to prepare myself for the role of Count Orlok next year....

LadyWench

I love Halloween. I couldn't come up with a clever costume this year, so I'm going as a black kitty. It's simple, easy and cats are my favorite animal, so I guess it works. :p Hopefully I can come up with something better next year. Or ya know, not dress up since I'm fking 21 years old. :/