Guys..ever drive past a girls house you like?

TooShyShy

If so, what do you get out of it? What would be the purpose for a guy with social anxiety especially if you run the risk of being caught?

And how would you feel if she did catch you driving down her street one Saturday afternoon? She is in a car as well, pulling out of her drive way and you slow down when you realize its her and then quickly drive off, you do this even though you live clear across town?

I always knew he lived 20-30 minutes away from my condo complex and knows what street i live on.

Would you want her to bring it up Monday at work or be mortified by the idea????

Thanks so much:)

Don't think he's dangerous... I've done that before and I'm not dangerous :/

Yeah talk to him... make it easy for him.... do all the talking :) - he wont.

TooShyShy

Did you get caught?

And if so, did you feel badly afterwards that she knows you do that? And what was the point of doing that in the first place..you don't want her to know right?

Section_31

I used to do this as well, but it was only with a girl i knew. I was too shy to approach, but it eventually helped us get together and date through HS.

Did you get caught?

And if so, did you feel badly afterwards that she knows you do that? And what was the point of doing that in the first place..you don't want her to know right?

No I did not get caught. But kinda wish I did though - so she would notice me and "chase" me and tell me she loved me... yeah sad but that's how i felt :cool:

TooShyShy

So should i have mentioned it to him or is just being nice to him (more so lately) saying hello, making excuses to talk to him...just simply not acting like it bothered me or that i am freaked out at all a better idea, so he knows i wasn't bothered or upset by it!!!

I never mentioned seeing him..shpuld i have? I just didn't want him to be mortified!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TooShyShy

sure it sounds flattering for a guy to drive by your house for the intentions of hoping you would see him, but I know from experience that it can be a sign of a dangerous man.

Thanks but i have known him for years..if he were dangerous he would have done something yeeeears ago, not now..all of a sudden. He is so shy and scared when i am in a room...completely harmless...he's talkative and funny around everyone else, its just with me he loses his ability to talk and function:D

Jannah

Banned
If so, what do you get out of it? What would be the purpose for a guy with social anxiety especially if you run the risk of being caught?

And how would you feel if she did catch you driving down her street one Saturday afternoon? She is in a car as well, pulling out of her drive way and you slow down when you realize its her and then quickly drive off, you do this even though you live clear across town?

I always knew he lived 20-30 minutes away from my condo complex and knows what street i live on.

Would you want her to bring it up Monday at work or be mortified by the idea????

Thanks so much:)

I drove past her housing projects, does that count?

Jesus, TooShyShy

Pardon me for saying it this way, but you're worse than us guys with SA. From what you say, you're an attractive shy girl (but not shocial-phobic right?)... why don't you go up to the guy and ask him... no TELL him to go out with you... from the sounds of it, it seems that he will love it... hes just too shy to ask you himself.

Kinetik

Sounds creepy to me. I've never driven up to a girl's house like that. There seem to be a lot of posts lately along the lines of staring at/stalking women which are quite disturbing. Then again, I'm somewhat obsessed with being unobtrusive.

Mokkat

Are you interested in him as well, or?

I think the correct action would be to mention to him that you saw him in his car, that it was weird to you but that you don't mind. It will probably mortify him, so you could simply also mention that he doesn't have to say anything and leave.

If I resorted to "spying" outside a girl's house, I would be terrified by the thought of the girl confronting me with it and shouting at me :O

Remus

Staff member

Nope that's weird and I'm not sure it's an SA/shy thing. It's more stalker behaviour than anything else

LookingForward

I would tread carefully, if you are 110% sure he is just a shy but genuine nice guy then proceed and just have some friendly chats with him before going any further. But bear in mind that he may have an unhealthy obsession with you, what if you get together for a while and realise you are not into him and you need to break it off, how would his obsession with you manifest itself then.

Luke1993

Is this (driving round the area of someone you like) just an American thing because I have never heard of such a practice!

I think that's kinda weird, driving by at someone's house, watching if a girl caught the guy:p, for me that sounds dangerous too, but he might has a big crush on you, but I don't know.. You should be careful :).
You don't know what he's up to right? , so you should find that out.
For me it's a sign of troubles, but also it could possibly be a sign of love.
But as I said, be careful with those guys.

TooShyShy

I guess what i am curious about is what would someone get out of doing that..why drive down a girls street, past her home..especially if (i'd imagine) the guy would NOT want to get caught.

So why do it? I am afraid that mentioning it would really upset him..i'd be embarrassed!!!!
He's a very nice, sweet guy and i think he's good looking..so yes, i do like him i just don't know what i should do?

Should i mention it to him or just continue to be nice and friendly, as usual, or even more so just to show him i wasn't freaked out by it????

sure it sounds flattering for a guy to drive by your house for the intentions of hoping you would see him, but I know from experience that it can be a sign of a dangerous man.

Nope that's weird and I'm not sure it's an SA/shy thing. It's more stalker behaviour than anything else

^This! Having this man driving past your house for no reason (and "quickly drive off" so he is not noticed) would be a red flag to me.
You say that he has always be "very nice and sweet", but you have only known him in a work environment yes?