Grow With Glovey

LittleGloves

First and foremost I don't know if this is going to be a diary, journal or anything else for that matter. So I will just go along with it and post down whatever I am thinking. Always wanted to do this by writing it down but I never got around to accomplish that.

So today I bought a sleeveless crop top (I never had one) and I realised how unhealthy and unfit I am. That is probably because I always ate fast foods and fried foods. And I am always at home lying down on my bed in front of my computer all day and I decide to do something about it because it is taking a toll on me.

So I hope to shed some weight off and build some muscles.

Goal: I plan to lose 5kg or more in less than 2 months if possible. I managed to lose around 8kg before and it did take some real hard work and dedication and I believe I can do it again.

jaim38

I like the title of your diary! I'm on a weight loss journey too. I know I'd look bad in a tank top because of my fat arms.

MikeyC

Goal: I plan to lose 5kg or more in less than 2 months if possible. I managed to lose around 8kg before and it did take some real hard work and dedication and I believe I can do it again.
Why in two months?

I think you can do it. 5kg is a realistic goal, and you'll feel better afterwards. Good luck! :)

Wouldn't that make it 'Shrink With Glovey'? :thinking:
This made me laugh more than it should've. :bigsmile:

LittleGloves

I like the title of your diary! I'm on a weight loss journey too. I know I'd look bad in a tank top because of my fat arms.

Thanks. I know right. When I gain weight most of the fats goes to my arms. Not my legs, my belly but my arms. :sad:

LittleGloves

Why in two months?

I think you can do it. 5kg is a realistic goal, and you'll feel better afterwards. Good luck! :)

This made me laugh more than it should've. :bigsmile:

Because in April my school will start that if I got accepted. I think one month is not enough so it will probably take two months or more.

Thank you.

MikeyC

Because in April my school will start that if I got accepted. I think one month is not enough so it will probably take two months or more.

Thank you.
You're welcome, LittleGloves (that is just the cutest username!). Remember not to overdo it and you'll be fine! I know you can do it! :thumbup:

LittleGloves

You're welcome, LittleGloves (that is just the cutest username!). Remember not to overdo it and you'll be fine! I know you can do it! :thumbup:

Thanks! That name is inspired by one of my favourite singers. And it's also because I have small hands. :giggle:

LittleGloves

First day today.

One hour of walking/warming up and another hour of jogging. When I reached home I did some arm, abs and legs workout and also stretches to finish off the day. I definitely could feel the burn in my body. And my new Nike running shoes that I bought earlier today is really good for supporting my feet and absorbing impact.

Didn't eat anything unhealthy today so I'm pretty proud of it. I hope I can continue with the progress.

If anyone is interested. I really like the arm workout and I will be focusing more on it first.

Fine Toning Arm Routine | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Sleek & Slender Abs With Karena! | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Love Your Legs Workout | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Tone It Up Stretch & Release routine - YouTube

EDIT: I decided to write down what I ate for the day too so I can keep track of my food intake.

Morning: Popeyes. I know it's not healthy but I only eat a very small portion of it. Shrimp, mashed potatoes and lemon tea.
Afternoon. Rice with cabbage and fish.
Night: Noodles with chicken.
Snacks: Guava

Last edited:

Steiner

First day today.

One hour of walking/warming up and another hour of jogging. When I reached home I did some arm, abs and legs workout and also stretches to finish off the day. I definitely could feel the burn in my body. And my new Nike running shoes that I bought earlier today is really good for supporting my feet and absorbing impact.

Didn't eat anything unhealthy today so I'm pretty proud of it. I hope I can continue with the progress.

If anyone is interested. I really like the arm workout and I will be focusing more on it first.

Fine Toning Arm Routine | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Sleek & Slender Abs With Karena! | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Love Your Legs Workout | Tone It Up Tuesdays - YouTube
Tone It Up Stretch & Release routine - YouTube

Good job Glovey :thumbup:

Steiner

LittleGloves

If you ever feel like not working out all that time (which happens every now and then), you can always try out this 7 minute workout. It's better than completely skipping exercise.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/

And here is a timer especially made for it:
7Min :: 7 Minute Scientific Workout Timer

Thanks for the link. It is sure helpful.

I went for a jog just now and I feel like everyone is looking at me and I hate it. It's probably because I was wearing a hat because I suffer from alopecia since I was young. It's one of the reason for my anxiety and low-self esteem. My hair is long but it's so thin and I feel like it's getting thinner and thinner. Wanted to go to a doctor for it but I couldn't afford one since it's pretty expensive here. I just wish people would work out and mind their own business.

Steiner

Thanks for the link. It is sure helpful.

I went for a jog just now and I feel like everyone is looking at me and I hate it. It's probably because I was wearing a hat because I suffer from alopecia since I was young. It's one of the reason for my anxiety and low-self esteem. My hair is long but it's so thin and I feel like it's getting thinner and thinner. Wanted to go to a doctor for it but I couldn't afford one since it's pretty expensive here. I just wish people would work out and mind their own business.

alopecia can be pretty rough from what I have heard. I knew a guy who would post about his alopecia daily though he ended up banned. On another forum. I wish you the best gloves.

LittleGloves

alopecia can be pretty rough from what I have heard. I knew a guy who would post about his alopecia daily though he ended up banned. On another forum. I wish you the best gloves.

He was banned because he post about his alopecia daily?

Thanks. Being a girl with that is so torturing. Sometimes I wish I was a guy so then I won't really have to care about my looks that much.