Got haircut... yikes

2Crowded

I have been making a point to get my hair cut every month or two for the last while....its only just this year pretty much that I have begun to return to the process of going to get it cut....previously i would just shave it all off myself....So i do feel proud of myself for making the effort nowadays....but it just seems to be getting harder & harder every time...I think it's cause Im afraid I am becoming to familiar to them...& the fact that I have to pretend to have this fake life for them..since they are man barbers...they want to talk your leg off...& they want to know everything about you....what you do..are you married...how long have you lived here..how old you are....so on & so on....well I dont really feel like telling the total truth about all of that so much obviously... so i lie just a bit.....though I have thought on it from time to time.. Wonder to myself if it would be easier on me if i did just tell the complete truth?...I spect probly not cause then they would want to hear about progress on my part....so did you find a job yet...did you find a girl & set marrige date yet?..get rid of your SA yet?...move out of your parents house yet?.....joy that would be swell to go through once a month in front of other starring people who sit right in front of you to watch & wait thier turn wouldnt it? :(

Argh...well i got my haircut again "sigh"....just feel sick already thinking that i will have to do it all over again in another month or so if i want to look nice :(

tiffstar

tell me about it

Yeah I start to feel scared when they are familar with me and they start to converse more with me. I just want to get the haircut then dash out of there

Weirdo

Believe it or not, but I have never been to a barber shop ever. I never had any special haircut, my mom only cuts it a bit when my hair is too long. :D

I have a Philips clipper that rotates allowing me to trim my own hair 8); the barber here charges me stupid prices for just a buzz cut anyway. When I did used to go I never said too much, and if they starting making conversation I would similarly make stuff up which became tiring after a while.

I do remember this one time that has always seemed to stick with me though; because I tend to look anywhere but straight ahead into the mirror at myself a girl shouted out "YOU DON'T LIKE LOOKING AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR MUCH DO YOU?!?!?" Needless to say the shop was full of customers :oops:

carsickcars

the stylist i go to is a middle aged Russian woman who barely speaks english. i tell her what i want and then it's 20 beautiful minutes of silence.