Good news for palmo planter HH suffers

solutionsexplor

Friends,

I've been contacted for new microwave tech treatment for palms and feet. Similar to miradry for underarms. Hang in tight there and pray this treatment gets FDA approval soon.

Hey, is it with the Miradry company? Do you know when they will be contacting you for the trial? Do you know how far along they are? Any links/sources?

Apparently microwave technology can't work with hands and feet because of the proximity of nerves and everything.

You say it doesn't go as deep so is it as effective as miradry? Also do you know why you were ineligible? Do you have any links? How did this company contact you? Thanks in advance

solutionsexplor

Basically glands on the palms are not deep. Their new device will only target those. Recruiter said 'its safe, smaller and thin device showed promising results'. This is not the first study with this machine.
If anyone is in LA. Please email them. They are going to give 7-10 treatments in small areas, week are two weeks apart. Review results until 6 months.

hh_sucks

should make it too for other areas too, like back & chest. That's would be very helpful for compensatory sweating sufferers.

Anyway, this is a good news. I knew that sweat killer devices would be developed more and more since FDA approved MiraDry.

xtv89x

solutionsexplor, how did you end up having miralabs contact you for this new clinical trial? I emailed them at [email protected] asking if there is any trials for the treatment of hands/feet hyperhidrosis. Got a response saying treatment outside of the axilla is not imminent.

Englishman

solutionsexplor, how did you end up having miralabs contact you for this new clinical trial? I emailed them at [email protected] asking if there is any trials for the treatment of hands/feet hyperhidrosis. Got a response saying treatment outside of the axilla is not imminent.

It may by another company, not Miradry.

hh_sucks

I remember that failed product called Alma Sweat X for palmar HH and some patients paid thousand bucks for near zero result. We don't want this happen again.

Hopefully this time they got it right. They need approval like MiraDry which is approved by FDA, US, CE, Europe, and TGA. This one will need some strict approval too.

PS: Nope, I'm not a Miramar guy.

solutionsexplor

They didn't mention company name. As far as I remember I only emailed miralabs back in August.
I hope and pray that whoever is conducting this study get success and approvals.

tiago1995

Cool, this does sound like quite a revolution if it does come forward.
Personally I'll be really hoping that happens soon enough. :)

NickM

This is what I've been waiting for my whole life, but I can't give my hopes up. Sounds too good to be true, but I hope I'm wrong.

xtv89x

Yes, I have contact the company. Here was their response.

Thank you for your interest in our sweat study. This is a feasibility study being conducted at a clinical site in Santa Clara, California. We will be treating small areas of the hands and/or feet that sweat. There could be as many as 7-10 treatments on either the same areas or different areas of the hands and/or feet. The treatment visits are scheduled every 2-4 weeks and once all treatments are complete you will be scheduled for follow-up visits at 30-days, 90-days and 6 months.

Please let me know when you would be available for a phone screening and which number I should call you at. I would be happy to give you more information and answer any questions you may have.

Unfortunately I am not located near California or else I would definitely participate in this study.

gummybear00

So do you just email them? Are there any websites or pages with information about these studies?

There are a number of Clinical Trials being run for HH. Go to clinical trials dot gov and search for hyperhidrosis.

- There's a botox one in Sweden.
- Miradry one in Maryland.
- BBI-4000 topical glycopyrrolate in San Diego, Indiana, and Florida.

The original Miradry one was created in 2006 and FDA approved in 2011. If they make a new device now, 2015, we might be a few years away from approval. Although it helps that the original Miradry machine is already FDA approved.