Good Deed

Tab

Yesterday I was at the gas station walkin inside to buy some smokes. Anyway, there was a guy comin out just before I got to the door, and was parked right by the door, I saw 5 bucks on the ground (could have been more since it was folded up). So I saw it and picked it up and asked the guy if he dropped it, he said umm...ya oh ya i did. I could tell by the tone of his voice he was lying, but what could I do? I couldn't just say oh no its not yours. So I give it to him and I felt like a tool. I've always tried to do the right thing, I wouldn't steal money from someone. But now I think I've learned my lesson. If I ever find money on the ground again and I don't know whose it is, it's mine. I won't make that mistake again.

madmike

Haha, i know what you mean, i've done that before and just keeping it would make me feel so guilty. Last time it happened (which was about 8 years ago admittedly) i ran about 100 metres to the nearest man and asked if it was his. Luckily he was honest and i got to keep the moneys ;)

Riiya

Away with the bitterness. Just because someone was being dishonest doesn't mean you should stop trying to do the right thing.

recluse

A few months ago i had filled my car with £20 worth of petrol and i went to pay for it. At the counter the cashier quoted ''£10 please''....I told the cashier right away that i had put £20 of fuel. It turns out that the guy next to me who had already left had paid for my fuel as he accidentaly quoted the wrong pump number. Thanks to me that guy got the money he overpaid back.

On another occasion i was in a McDonalds drive through and could have got my food free because the girl working there forgot to charge me. Some people would call me stupid for opening my mouth but i believe in honesty.

When i was in primary school i found a mans wedding ring in the playground. The man who owned it gave a box of chocolates to me as a reward. I was even presented with it in front of the school ::eek::

I just hope that people would be as honest to me if i lost something,but atleast i can sleep at night because of my good deeds.

Danfalc

Banned
Money on the floor is a hard one..because without a wallet or anything you have no idea of how to find the person who dopped it,so unless you see the person dropping it there isnt alot you can do.If you really wanted to do a good deed and dont want to just pocket it,i guess you could put it in a charity box :cool:

I remember finding a purse when i was on the bus to school,it was right under my feet.You could just tell from picking it up that it was full,I picked it up and took it into school and handed it in.Apparantly it was a girl's from school.

It got mentioned in assembaly and i can remember feeling really proud of myself because i was no angel at school and tbh i think the teachers were suprised i didnt touch the money.But i was never a thief so it was nice to shove there stereo-types back in there faces :D

Deed Goods

lol yeah. I don't think that's a good deed, well maybe it is. It's more like OOPS! If I asked and I could tell he was lying I probably wouldn't have given it to him. I think a good deed is more like seeing someone drop money and then giving it back to them, I would have to do that if I saw it. Like when this person I was with dropped a 100 dollar bill on the ground. I gave it back to her though. Like who carries those around with them?

mrb

thats nothing lol , i was waiting at a cash point and this bloke started chatting to me he was a lil drunk , so when it was my turn at the cash machine i drew out 400 quid , but i was very tired working long hours ect , and took the card out but left the money sticking out of the cash machine and just walked off , he was next in line for the machine did he call me back and say hey mate your money ..... no he just thought omg sucker and took it , the money didnt really bother me , but the fact we talked had a bit of a laugh then he did that really ticked me off , if i saw someone do that id have shouted oi your money , big sigh , but 10 points for being honest there , even though he lied , whos the better person him ? naaa you lol

Soulspectre

About a month ago I found 23 bucks in a plastic bag. Needless to say I didn't have a second thought in my mind to take it. I think it's god's way of helping SA sufferers out, I mean seriously....who the hell puts $23 in a plastic bag?

Errordotocx

Ehh, unless I see someone drop the money...it's mine. Too many people are bound to just say it's theirs. Ya win some ya lose some. I'm sure i've dropped money and no ones ever come looking for me. Though if I do see someone drop some money then I will always tell them they dropped it.

well i could never take money if i saw it on the ground, NEVER, if i would pick it up, i would get so paranoid, think people are watching me and i would feel like everyone around me thinks iam a thief... coz i picked up the moneys. NO, when i see money on the ground and people around i avoid it, iam to scared of pickin it up and the guy who lost it maybe see me and think i tried to steal it.

IceLad

Years ago I remember picking up a £10 note I saw lying on some stairs at my local Sixth Form. I felt pretty guilty and self conscious afterwards wondering whether anyone would come back looking for it.

A few years ago while taking a break in Edinburgh, the hotel restaurant undercharged me and I pointing this out to them.

Once when I was in the supermarket I picked up a Simpsons Series dvd (at the time it was worth about £30). For security reasons it had one of those clear plastic cases around it which gets taken off at the checkout. The checkout operator took off the plastic case but forgot to run the dvd through the till. As my bill was so small I noticed this straight away and pointed this out to him. He said to me how he would of just taken the dvd and not said a thing!

Lea

Banned
If I found a purse, I would keep it unless there was a proof of identity of the person, like documents etc. In that case I´d automatically return it. But if you don´t know whose it is, I think is foolish to just hand it over at the police station etc. Because they will keep it for themselves and only laugh behind your back.

With the returning of things it is sadly true, that sometimes the people instead of being grateful are acting like you wanted to steal it from them. I know several people (including my mother) who returned things and got unkind responses. So my mother says: if they undercharge you, don´t tell them... But I do tell them anyway.

TheNewZero

A few months ago i had filled my car with £20 worth of petrol and i went to pay for it. At the counter the cashier quoted ''£10 please''....I told the cashier right away that i had put £20 of fuel. It turns out that the guy next to me who had already left had paid for my fuel as he accidentaly quoted the wrong pump number. Thanks to me that guy got the money he overpaid back.

On another occasion i was in a McDonalds drive through and could have got my food free because the girl working there forgot to charge me. Some people would call me stupid for opening my mouth but i believe in honesty.

When i was in primary school i found a mans wedding ring in the playground. The man who owned it gave a box of chocolates to me as a reward. I was even presented with it in front of the school ::eek::

I just hope that people would be as honest to me if i lost something,but atleast i can sleep at night because of my good deeds.

What lovely stories! That's wonderful with the guy with the wedding ring!

When I was in high school, I almost ran over this dog that was walking in the middle of the street in the pouring rain. The dog didn't have a collar so I started going around to people's houses and ringing their doorbell with the ugly smelly dog in my arms. Eventually one guy recognized the dog and called the owners. They were so grateful that I found their dog, and sent me flowers the next day. It made me feel really nice. Don't let one stupid person ruin you doing the right thing. Sometimes it makes you feel really good and can help so much with SA.