Gathering in Sydney

gmg

Hi all, Im from south west sydney.not sure if i would diagnose myself as having SA as I dont really appear like that to others (they have told me) but I am shy and I guess I have always put so much time and worry (which is Sad) into thinking what others think of me.

Anyways I am from the Liverpool area and i am really keen about changing the fact that i am shy and i think that i can only do that by lots of practice. I am sociable at work and i guess that is a good start.

anyways what i have realised is that there is not alot of support groups for people who have sa or shyness partly because of the lack of funding in supoorting these groups.

so i was thinking was there any people areound the south west sydney are that have sa or shyness and would like to do something anout it. we could meet up and it would be great to meet people who really undertand what we are going through. anyways i have ttried this before in the past and you really do have a nice time and meet some great friends. i just dont want to feel like i am taslking about SA and shyness without doing something about it. i know i am rambling so i apologise if this doesnt make much sense,i am tired as well lol. i just think that i have alot to offer as a person and i want this shyness to go away and the only way that i see out is to try and participate in as many social situations as possible. is there any other people who relate at all to this post.

my email is [email protected] and i am so wanting to change the way i behave socially that i am willing to reveal my email address. so any interested people from around this area feel free to email me your thoughts regarding this post

see you all and have a good day

griselda

millymoocow

hey gmg! :D

yeah i don't exactly know if i have SA either, cuz i've never been diagnosed by a proffesional (except for my school counsellour, who says i do have alot of anxiety problems) :? but i also think i have BDD and my mum just thinks that i'm neurotic. anyways, welcome to SPW! :lol:

gmg

hey millmoocow

hey millymoocow, thanks for the reply. Yeah I would not worry about what you necessarily have its not really important because doctors will throw alot of diagnoses around.
have a great weekend :)

gmg

hey blinkybill

hey blinkybill thanks for your reply. i really enjoyed reading it. Its great that you want to meet up. I think the city would be the best place to meet to cause like you said it would be a central place. I hope i do meet some people around my area too though. That would be great.

Its also great that you have also thought about the lack of social support groups for people with SA or shyness like my self. I wouldnt classify myself as having SA because I really dont think i have it anyways. Or so my doctor says.

yeah so so far its me and you. I'll wait till we get a few more people and then we could maybe organise it together if you wanted or we could just say townhall steps at a certian time. i think the day would go really well overall and i look forward to meeting new people. and like i said there is no way to overcome this problem if we dont practice. most people are not born social they learn it. i think and i dont want to generalise but for me personally i have been too critical off myself and too negative in social situations. I just need to be more calm and its okay to say the wrong thing sometimes. I just dont want to make myself more important then what I am. think most people dont like self centred people anyways. Another thing that I have to stop doing is analysing soo much and reflecting so much. Anyways i will wait and see who else replies. If we could get like 8 people or so that would be great. I am not fussy about what we do. If we just met in the city I think we would have a great day all of us just getting to know one another.
like i said before i have done it before and you do get to meet some really nice people. It beats always being alone and complaining about SA which I dont want to sound negative about this site but it seems that people are way too hard on themselves. Fact is:most people want to like us so we have to start by liking ourselves. I feel better when I write these posts. Anyway I better stop before i bore too many people : )

darkesthour

Hey gmg. I'd be intersted in a meetup if it was planned. I am from Canberra, but am in Sydney every few weeks.

I don't know about other people, but I'd feel more comfortable in a small group (3 or 4 people), any bigger I don't talk unless spoken to, I just sit and listen...but yeah if a meetup is organised I'd be happy to tag along if it's on a weekend :)

gmg

hey darkesthour

hi darkesthour, thanks for your reply :)

so far we have three people interested me,you, and blinkybill. i understand that you dont feel comfortable infront of a big group.

maybe we could meet the three of us then?

when are you next down in sydney???

let me know,
thanks
gmg

Diluted_Acid

From the north and just finished high school, count me in if you like and pm if you wanna chat or something.

gmg

meeting up

he blinkybill, darkest hour,diluted_acid

Were you guys free this saturday the 22nd of december????

I suggest we meet at townhall steps in the aftenoon say 2pm???

Let me know if you are interested. Also other people if you are interested let me know

cheers

hope everyone had a good weekend

griselda

SilentStranger

I wish I could make it, but I can't as I won't be in Sydney that day. Well if you guys ever have another meetup, I might be interested. Keep us posted on the forum.

-SS

afton

Hello all, just joined today... I live in South Sydney
I reckon city would be a great place to meet.

tommydog

Im from Sydney but living up north for the time bieng. I'll be down there hopefully i want to try and do it in the next 8 weeks or so. If you guys have another meet up then i'd like to come.

Oh just one little detail i should mention .. :lol:

Im not going to the western suburbs. No offence to anyone who lives out there i just dont like it.

darkesthour

Yeah I'm not sure if the last meetup went ahead either, I couldn't make it to Syd that weekend....but if anyone wants to meetup on 9th or 10th of Feb I'll deffinately be there then...

Sponglewang

If something gets oranised count me in... I'm OCD and I don't really know if theres any good group shit around.
I guess I should probably look :p

Sponglewang

If anyone likes going dancing I go all the time.

Doofs, Drum and Bass partys and wharehouse partys I go to pretty much every 2weeks or so.

PM me if anyone wants to come along... it's great fun and helps me take my mind off my OCD big time.

darkesthour

Has anyone heard of the band Cog? They just released a new album and are going on tour with it...they'll be at Enmore Theatre, May 16, so if anyone wants to meet up on that weekend, or come to the gig with me, I'll be there.

We'll get this meet up happening sooner or later :D

Diluted_Acid

Enmore theatre isn't too far from me, and i love Cog's vocals. I'd be up to go mate, but i doubt you'll have read this post coz i kinda posted back late. Eh .. . . least i can try keep this thread alive. It should have potential to organise a proper meet-up.

darkesthour

Haven't posted back that late, the gig is still a few weeks away...have you heard Cog's new album yet? have you seen them live before?

Lets hope it does have potential for a meet up, don't think the last one went ahead....hopefully we'll get one happening soon...