Freaking out over sexual intimacy

VioletOblivia

Hi all,

This will be my first post as it's currently what's causing me the most issues. I've been single for around 12 years (the last guy and his mum bullied the confidence right out of me and hurt me so much, I didn't want to let anyone else near me) but I met someone a week or so ago. The thing is, he's really popular and confidant and I'm neither. I have lost nearly 3 dress sizes now so am smaller than I was but I'm still very insecure about my body. Obviously, I'm also insecure about getting intimate as I haven't for a very long time. I hadn't even kissed anyone til I met him. And please don't laugh.....I'm 36 years old. Yep, dealing with something you'd maybe expect from a teenager. He keeps telling me what he wants to do with me and that he loves my figure but I'm freaking right out. I told him I need to take it slow and he said that he understands but he's talking about sex already and it's been less than a week. I meant genuinely slow! I really like him and am very attracted to him and still can't believe he likes me but I'm genuinely terrified that he's going to hate my body or I'll do something wrong. He wants to pretty much do everything but sex and even the thought of that makes me freak out. I've tried to tell him that and he says to relax and enjoy and that he does want me and I have nothing to be nervous about but here I am, terrified. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? And if so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Odo

Banned
He seems to be moving awfully fast.

I would be pretty irritated if someone was telling me to 'relax' instead of respecting how I felt about something... but on the other hand, I have also been a guy who really wants to get laid, so I know where he's coming from as well. But actually, I think I would still respect someone's feelings if they were uncomfortable, and he doesn't seem to be doing that-- not a good sign.

You sound a little starstruck, and if he's picking up on that he could be using it to his advantage... I would be very very careful.