france is the worst for SAers.

pnr

Hey all,

I don't know how manyof u r from that country but I think IMO that France is the worst country to be living in if u have SA.

French ppl judge u blatantly and don't hide their contempt .

The worst is they laugh @ u if u walk talk or act funny (in their flawed opinion).

Most of the time I avoid going out a lot . Only if I need food or some important business do I leave my tiny apartment.

I used to live in Seattle in the US and preferred their aloofness.

I sure miss that area.

Job searching has been tough BC French employers are not so forgiving of those who seem shy or have difficulty speaking in a social setting.

Any 1 from that country?

Last edited:

Malro

Je suis totalement d'accord.

Moi j'ai grandi à Paris et j'ai l'impression que ce sont vraiment tous des connards... Chai pas, ya cette culture de la moquerie et du dédain envers les gens qui parraissent un peu différent.
C'est comme si c'était un indicateur de succès, plus le nombre de personnes que tu peux mépriser, plus ça signifie que tu réussis dans la vie.

Vraiment répugnant...

Nanita

I have been to France and I guess I see what you mean.
I spend a lot of time in Greece, and the culture down there seem to be that people don't mind their own business and they like to comment on other people's behaviour.... No offense to greeks, because this can also be a positive thing, but it doesn't sit well with me.
In Scandinavia where I live, we are very reserved or aloof, and people let others do their own thing. I can probably relate a lot to that Seattle-mentality.

Last edited:

Malro

people don't mind their own business and they like to comment on other people's behaviour....

I think it's worse in france, they use the contempt to assert dominance like it's normal behaviour. I don't understand why my people is so arrogant. Arrogant for what ?? Nothing special about being french...

jaim38

I've heard some bad rap about French people, mostly for their rudeness and boisteriousness. They're not afraid to express their blunt opinions about you. I think it's a cultural thing. I wouldn't live in France either if I am expected to yak all the time just to fit in.

Really? Hmm. Noted.

There's a French guy in one of my classes, he seems nice enough. But of course, he's an individual, and not everyone's going to be exactly the same. Although he does seem a bit more... blunt, maybe. Just a little.

Any way you can get out of France?

MikeyC

I've heard some bad rap about French people, mostly for their rudeness and boisteriousness. They're not afraid to express their blunt opinions about you. I think it's a cultural thing. I wouldn't live in France either if I am expected to yak all the time just to fit in.
I have heard the same thing. I used to always consider France the country of love, but it seems that stereotype is way gone.