First therapy session next week!

kuhtreen

I'm very nervous. If I can't even talk to strangers about NORMAL stuff, how can I share my deepest emotions with one?!?
As always, I keep trying to predict what's gonna happen and I keep trying to plan everything out. I think about the possible questions she'll ask me and the exact thing that I'll say. :-/ I can't believe I'm even taking this step. Okay I have to stop thinking about it now before I psyche myself out even more!

Videotape

kuhtreen! i remember you. i just finished an 8 week program where i went to a session once per week. it was awesome. you will find it easier than you think. well done for taking the step.

kuhtreen

kuhtreen! i remember you. i just finished an 8 week program where i went to a session once per week. it was awesome. you will find it easier than you think. well done for taking the step.

Oh that's a relief. :) I hope you're right!
I stopped coming on here for a while because my computer kept getting infected by viruses and I thought that maybe it was from this site. But I figured out it was from something else, so now I can start posting again. Yay!

recluse

It will be ok. I find it easier to talk about stuff with a stranger, and therapists are trained to do this.

pandamonium77

I was TERRIFIED to go in at first, because i don't like meeting new people... let alone telling them everything that goes on in my mind
But knowing that it's a safe environment, where he can NOT tell anyone *not that i thought he would* and won't look at you like a crazy person and judge you makes it a lot easier
Good luck, don't hold anything back... it'll only make things worse

kuhtreen

So, I went today. It went okay, pretty much exactly how I imagined it. I have this problem where everytime I talk about my emotions I start bawling uncontrollably!! I have so much emotion bottled up that it all wants to rush out at once given the chance. So, I definitely cried. But I'm glad I did because it's important to be vulnerable and open right now so that I can start healing. We talked about doing EMDR. Has anyone tried this??
I was so nervous at first...my voice was a little shaky. But once I started crying I was like, "what the heck, I'm already letting it all out" and after that it wasn't so bad.

Videotape

that's good! yeah, let yourself cry otherwise you'll feel like you are hiding your emotions which would make things tougher. good on you for trying to get better too. keep it up!