Finding yourself

akala

does anyone know how to find yourself, or figure out who you are. This is very confusing to me... do you think it's important in curing SA?

When did you find yourself?
:)

Last edited:

fate12321

I found my self not to long ago, last year actually, it was my junior year in high school one of my few friends invited me to work out in the school gym. at first i was scared to even get near it since all the athletes were there so i only went once. i was weak coulnt lift much, so after that I've been getting the feeling to go work out. so i went more and more days. soon i found my self going every day and by the time my senior year (which is now) Ive actually seen results and now people are complementing on how good i looked and how i changed dramatically it was a good feeling and that's what i like to do now work out i guess you can say Im obsessed in it :)

Scrobes

I still don't think I've "discovered" myself. I am very passive, have no drive, and don't really know what I am doing. I think it probably would help a bit with SA though yes. Instead of just drfting though life like some object in space, where your only contact is by bouncing off stuff that's in your path by gentle collisions, you might have some purpose and would be able to steer yourself. ;o So yes, quite confusing. I do wonder if 'normal' people ever had a "revelation-moment" and suddenly knew what was what in "their world". Or if they just always knew. (because I certainly didn't/don't)

jaim38

There is no one insightful moment where I found myself; it is by progressing through life that I discover myself.

I found myself when I ditch the group of so-called "friends," made more authentic friends, quit pre-health, quit volunteering at the hospital, moved away from that dreadful city, and do the things that I'm passionate about.

twiggle

Finding yourself = Understanding yourself.

Asking yourself what you want out of life, being honest with yourself, observing your weaknesses as well as your strengths, working out what you're doing right, and what you're doing wrong, looking at the people around you and working out who are true and who are not, lending yourself more time to do the things you love.

Maybe the above is incorrect ^ but that's my interpretation of it.

I was very depressed around 2 year ago. When things didn't appear to be getting better, I started to really search and 'found myself'. And then things got better. Even though I still have anxiety-related issues, I'm nowhere near the wreck I was in Summer 2011.

Spending a bit of time being honest and motivating ourselves can very much pay off.