Films!

LilMissTragic

Can anyone recommend some cool DVD's. I need some good movies to watch. Last one I watched was Alien vs Predator...It was waaayyyyyyy cool!.
I also just finished watching Freddy got Fingered. A very strange man indeedy...lol...though i did love his sausage piano...lmao.

Remus

Staff member
Amelie, As good as it gets, The Fisher King, Lost in Translation, Schindlers list, The Shawshank Redmption.

LOTR trilogy special edition

LilMissTragic

Seen all those except Emelie and the fisher Kind.

Arrrggghhhh i wish i lived nearer a cinema.

Shawshank is one of my fave films, seen it so many times i'm sure i know the script backwards though...lol. Another of my faves is The Crow. Only the first one mind you.
Whats everyone elses fave films??

Remus

Staff member
hmmm its one of those enlightening films that is in a league of its own,
Its basically about a socially withdrawn girl who lives in a world of eccentricities and she finds someone equally eccentric and falls in love, its not that simple as she is very shy and seduces him in a secretive way, it has to be the most romantic film I've ever seen in a SP way :)

Crimefish

Depends what sort of thing you're into... Donnie Darko, Battle Royale, Dawn of the Dead, Fight Club, Bubble Boy, anything by Tim Burton. That's my kinda films. And Amelie is quite enjoyable, even though I don't usually like romantic movies.

-Jp

run lola run, man on the moon and kill me later are a few very good movies i remember and that are not well known so u might not know them

wistful_dementia

Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Oh Brother Where Art Though, The Howling.... hmmm, I think everybody has covered just about everything else.

tommydog

ok, funniest, absolute funniest movie iv ever seen is called BOENG BOENG. Its '63 i think it was, with Jerry Louise and that other fella, cant remember his name, tony something i think.

Then

Buffalo 66 is excellent. You have to have "that" kind of sense of humour though or else you wont get it and think its stupid. If you think people being abused and shouted at for no reason is funny you will like it :lol:

A serious movie most of you wouldnt have seen is a new zealand movie called once were warriors, thats a must see aswell

tommydog

another buffallo 66 fan, and i thought i was like the only one in the world that appreciated that movie :lol:

Remus

Staff member
UglyFreak said:
Am I the only one who likes the golden oldies? Dead of Night, A Canterbury Tale, Anatomy of a Murder etc etc.

nope I like

Its a wonderful life, Ben hur , Gone with the wind, The Haunting (1960), Psycho and The Boston Strangler.

I like Delores Clairbourne and Mystic river because of the 'abuse' issues I can relate to in the storyline.

I love anything with kathy bates in too

Fried green tomatoes at the whistlestop cafe for one