Feeling "tired" all the time?

arsenalwa

Well, you see, most of the time, if not all the time, I feel.. you know, like tired. I don't know I'm probably lazy but I think this has got more to it than just laziness. It's like I just want to stay in my place all the time and do absolutely nothing. I don't wanna go anywhere, do nothing really. And it's not just because of SA, lack of motivation, etc... but it's also because, physically, I just feel too tired to do anything all the time! I just don't feel 20 years old, not by any stretch of the imagination... More like 90. And I think it probably gets worse as time goes on. Maybe my SA contributed to this somehow?

So, anyone else is like that or is it just me?

Gerdje

Same thing here. For me it's worst in the morning, forenoon, especially waking up is a nightmare, no matter how much, how good (??), how correct the hours of sleep I got. I always wake up like having ran 2 marathons at night.

Remember a lot of medications, like Xanax have these side-effects of always feeling exhausted, it's a hard thing to fight every single day, and a big factor in my fear of situations that I think not being able to handle, bot emotinally and physically.

sevenroses

I can relate. If life was a bit more happier then I'd have all the motivation in the world, but when you're feeling down, you loose your energy and just want to sleep all the time. I guess it depends on your mood. I guess you might be feeling like that possibly because you aren't generally happy at the moment or just mentally drained.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Hey I had this problem for a veeeery long time, and with years I've figured out that it is absolutely not normal to feel that way, and this is not necessarely laziness, and THERE IS a solution:

SUNLIGHT. (even if you don't feel like it's good for you, it is, if you remember Socrate's cave story ::p: ) I swear if you go walk 20 min every day you will already feel better (I am really not doing it these days and I feel dead again). AND it's going to help for your SA also since you will see other people on your way :D

MOVE. If you never do anything, your muscles stop working, so you need to move to have energy to move even more, I think, or for whatever other scientific reasons, doing some sports really helps for not being tired/depressed.

EAT WELL. After 15 years of being tired and depressed all the time I realized I was always in a state of anemy, so obviously I was always tired. I also discovered recently that I had some allergies to food that would explain lots of my depressing/lazy/low energy state (wheat most of all). We forget how much the way we eat has a direct effect on how our body works well or not.

And also if you use drugs or drink a lot, you will probably be low energy on the next day and feel like doing nothing.

I know it's hard to get the motivation to do all this (I should follow my own advises these days but I don't) but I would say its really worth it. Hope it helps.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
In fact I stopped doing all this because I've been procrastinating way too much on this forum lately. ::eek::

Kiwong

I'm get very tired. I just slept 13 hours. However, it is because I am training very hard at running. I do feel fatigued at times, probably because I also have an iron overload disorder. I'm not sure how the anxiet effects me, but it must take its toll on my energy levels.

EscapeArtist

Hey I had this problem for a veeeery long time, and with years I've figured out that it is absolutely not normal to feel that way, and this is not necessarely laziness, and THERE IS a solution:

SUNLIGHT. (even if you don't feel like it's good for you, it is, if you remember Socrate's cave story ::p: ) I swear if you go walk 20 min every day you will already feel better (I am really not doing it these days and I feel dead again). AND it's going to help for your SA also since you will see other people on your way :D

MOVE. If you never do anything, your muscles stop working, so you need to move to have energy to move even more, I think, or for whatever other scientific reasons, doing some sports really helps for not being tired/depressed.

EAT WELL. After 15 years of being tired and depressed all the time I realized I was always in a state of anemy, so obviously I was always tired. I also discovered recently that I had some allergies to food that would explain lots of my depressing/lazy/low energy state (wheat most of all). We forget how much the way we eat has a direct effect on how our body works well or not.

And also if you use drugs or drink a lot, you will probably be low energy on the next day and feel like doing nothing.

I know it's hard to get the motivation to do all this (I should follow my own advises these days but I don't) but I would say its really worth it. Hope it helps.

I second this. Sunlight can make all the difference, so can diet. In fact I'd suggest that you cut out wheat and dairy, no man is adapted well to these two things and even though some people claim to be sensitive/intolerant, most if not all of us are to a lesser degree. After cuting these two foods out I begin to reclaim energy and my mood swings and randm crying spells vanish almost completely. Good advice

arsenalwa

especially waking up is a nightmare, no matter how much, how good (??), how correct the hours of sleep I got. I always wake up like having ran 2 marathons at night.
Absolutely. Same here.
I can relate. If life was a bit more happier then I'd have all the motivation in the world, but when you're feeling down, you loose your energy and just want to sleep all the time. I guess it depends on your mood. I guess you might be feeling like that possibly because you aren't generally happy at the moment or just mentally drained.
Yeah you are right. But then again I'm usually depressed to some degree most of the time. But, yeah, whenever I'm feeling relatively good I don't feel all that tired indeed.
I don't really know what you are going through. It could be a fatigue syndrome instead or both. I hope what I have written helps you some or perhaps someone else.

I checked the symptoms to that on Wikipedia and they very much fit how I feel. Though that contradicts the last point. So I'll just assume it all has to do with depression/SA. Thanks for your post anyway; it did help.

arsenalwa

Indeed ::(: I'll do my best though. Thanks!
I second this. Sunlight can make all the difference, so can diet. In fact I'd suggest that you cut out wheat and dairy, no man is adapted well to these two things and even though some people claim to be sensitive/intolerant, most if not all of us are to a lesser degree. After cuting these two foods out I begin to reclaim energy and my mood swings and randm crying spells vanish almost completely. Good advice

Sounds good. I'll try that too :D

philly2bits

Feeling tired all the time is the story of my life. I can't remember a time when I had pep to do anything. I can't tell if it's true lack of energy due to bad sleep or if it's just lack of motivation due to depression. I've had horrible sleep patterns for years now and most likely the bad sleep feeds depression and the depression feeds the bad sleep.

arsenalwa

Feeling tired all the time is the story of my life. I can't remember a time when I had pep to do anything. I can't tell if it's true lack of energy due to bad sleep or if it's just lack of motivation due to depression. I've had horrible sleep patterns for years now and most likely the bad sleep feeds depression and the depression feeds the bad sleep.

Me too. Think this about sums it up for me.

Feathers

I can relate to this. I don't feel tired 'all' the time, it has beeen 'a lot'... sometimes more, sometimes less..

Also second what was written about exercise and nutrition.
You may also feel 'lazy' if you lack protein.

You might want to be a bit careful with cutting out wheat and diary out completely though, and experimenting with food. Ideally you'd do it with expert advice. (Though doctors where I live don't seem very knowledgeable.) I think cutting out wheat and diary and eating more protein did help me feel better at the time, it can have some side effects though, and I heard it can make you even more sensitive to them somehow, if you later decide to re-introduce them into your diet. (Not sure if it's true, double-check if you can.)

Came across research that if you eat meat it may be good to eat enough milk-based products/calcium.. So if you eat meat make sure to find other sources of calcium?
Apparently there can be healthy vegans too, you might want to check your bone density and make sure to have enough sunlight, vitamins and minerals...

It might also be better to just cut out one of those first, then another, gluten or milk, then both... and see how you feel. (I cut out both at the same time and I'm still not completely sure if both or just one are a problem. Then I started taking minerals and ate everything again, and felt quite good too.. But had a problem with side effects to minerals, so now trying to tweak nutrition again...)

My family also complicated a bit when I was gluten-free, if you don't live alone you may need to prepare your own food and talk to them so they understand...
My doc sent me to get tested for celiac/gluten allergy but it's a long waiting list, months! ::(: (It might stop the family from nagging though.)

I'd recommend to track your nutrition on fitday.com to see if you're lacking any important minerals or vitamins..

I found I feel better in the morning if I don't eat wheat/milk in the evening, you can give it a try... I still need to eat both if I want to get tested and see proper results ::(:

ahh, motivation and inspiration for it all, yeah.. It's best to have someone to go for a walk or hike with... :)

Feathers

FOr me, i figured that out, depression is what sucks the energy out of me, both psyhical and physical. And lack of motivation that always shouts: it,s no use to even try, give uppppppppppp:mad:

Depression doesn't just appear magically, it can have nutritional/lifestyle causes too, as well as negative thoughts..
You can work with the negative thoughts via CBT in therapy or by journalling, tweak nutrition and take walks and do interesting meaningful things - and depression may vanish!

lunaticbinge

I've forgotten what it's like to be energetic. I literally have no idea what it feels like anymore. Funny thing is, the only time I can't sleep is when I want to go to bed.:rolleyes:

anxiety1408

I get tired alot and feel lazy alot of the time, mainly due to me being in my room like all day surrounded by a desk to work a computer and my bed of course.. SA hasn't helped either cos i haven't been mostly motivated to make a trip outside.

Waybuloo

Me too, I've felt a lack of energy since I was young. My mum even said I'm like an old person cause I always complained. I often have trouble walking on the street. I yawn throughout the day as well.

Just recently I got a tooth pulled out that was all infected and dead inside for like years so that might help things a bit.

Diend

Well, you see, most of the time, if not all the time, I feel.. you know, like tired. I don't know I'm probably lazy but I think this has got more to it than just laziness. It's like I just want to stay in my place all the time and do absolutely nothing. I don't wanna go anywhere, do nothing really. And it's not just because of SA, lack of motivation, etc... but it's also because, physically, I just feel too tired to do anything all the time! I just don't feel 20 years old, not by any stretch of the imagination... More like 90. And I think it probably gets worse as time goes on. Maybe my SA contributed to this somehow?

So, anyone else is like that or is it just me?

You might want to manage how many hours you spend on the computer. Exercise. If you really think something is wrong with you consult your doctor. If not, go outside for a run.

awkwardamanda

I'm always tired. It never goes away. I've been sleep deprived for about as long as I can remember - probably since about junior high or late in elementary school. My sleep habits are so screwed up and I really can't remember a time it wasn't like that. Back in junior high and high school I was often up late just doing homework. I got high marks but everything always took me so damn long. Sometimes it was just hard to stay focused and other times I just took awhile trying to do a good job of everything. I did well in school but I really had to work for it. I guess I had a hard time focusing because I had no life, for one thing, and also because all the late nights made me too tired to work efficiently. University only made things worse. School was so much more stressful. I never took a full course load and I still found it hard to keep up. My grades started slipping and everything kinda spiraled downward. It got harder to stay focused and I got more and more tired, making it even harder to get any work done. Everything took me so much longer than it should have which meant losing even more sleep. I had far too many nights of only 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I regularly dozed off on the bus and took naps at home. My inadequate social life didn't help. I had no balance at all, which only stressed me out more and made me too lazy to do any work. I did have a boyfriend during some of my time at university, but he was clingy and took up all my free time, leaving me without enough time to myself. I used what time I had to do homework and sacrificed time spent with other friends and, well, sleeping. Even once that relationship had ended, I still had no life and just spent whatever time I had doing school work. I often came home Friday after school and spent the evening napping if I didn't work. I usually didn't bother to go hang out with friends because I was just too tired. I've been out of school for more than a year now and things haven't gotten much better. I still work in retail. I haven't found a new job since finishing school because I'm depressed and too tired and unmotivated. Just the thought of job searching is awful. This only makes me more depressed. So I'm working nearly full time at a part time job and it's exhausting. Day shifts usually start at 8 or even 7 AM and I usually have to come home and have a nap afterward. I can never get to bed early enough. It's pretty much impossible for me. If I have to be up early then it's usually after 3 to 5 hours of sleep. I'm a night owl. If I had my way I'd sleep from about 3 AM until noon everyday. It takes me a while to do everything I need to before getting to bed. I kinda poke around. Sometimes I just put everything off too long. I sit around on the computer in the evening and I just can't drag myself to go brush my teeth and shower and all that. I think it's because I'm so dissatisfied with the day's events. I don't want to go to bed because I keep wishing something more fun and exciting would happen first. Sometimes I'm just too tired to go to bed. I get to a point where I'm just so lazy because I'm too tired and I can't do what I need to so I'll put it off and get to bed way too late. Far too many times I've showered at like 2 in the morning and pissed off my parents who were trying to sleep, just because I was too lazy to do it earlier or because I was busy doing homework for too long. I tend to have late night naps if I don't have to be up early the next day. Sometimes I'll just get really tired all of a sudden around midnight or so and I'll lay down and relax and end up dozing off until maybe 2 AM or whatever. Then I'll get up, poke around for a while and maybe get back to bed at 3 or 4. Sometimes I've even ended up napping until 5 or 6 in the morning. But once I get back to bed I won't get up until sometime between about 10 AM and noon. So I'll end up getting a decent amount of sleep but it's a broken sleep. It's really screwy when I work in the evening and then have to be back in the morning. I can't just come home and go to bed. I'll have something to eat, then I need time to chill on the computer and just relax for a bit, and eventually I'll get ready for bed but I'm always up way too late. It doesn't help that I need a new bed either. I can't even get a half decent sleep during the few hours I do spend in bed. Unfortunately I can't get a new bed at the moment because my bedroom is giant pile of mess and getting it cleaned is a nightmare. I'm just too tired and unmotivated to tackle it. I feel drained all the time. I'm guilty of resorting to caffeine. I need a cup of tea every morning and I usually have more later in the day. I don't know when things are going to change either. I'll likely be in a better mood once I manage to get a new job and so I expect to be able to improve my sleep habits at least somewhat. Plus, I think I'll be more motivated to clean up and get a new bed. But everything effects everything else. It's not as simple as just getting to bed sooner and I'm not just feeling tired because I'm depressed. I've been caught in a vicious cycle and I don't know what issue to take care of first or how to go about it. For now, I'll continue to be a zombie until I figure that out.::(: