Feel stupid

ShadowCat

Since I don't really have any friends and I'm not old enough to drive, I have to go almost everywhere with my mom. Even to the mall to get clothes and stuff. I always feel like such a loser going everywhere with my mom. Does anyone else feel like this?

FaymeLevy

Yeah, I too have to go everywhere with my Mother. Sometimes I am embarassed, but I get along with my Mother that alot of times, I can just think of her as a friend. Plus, she buys me stuff. ;)

Sue

i must say that i would die without my mother. she deosent always understand me but never stops being there for me.
its too bad she deosent go out because id go everywhere with her
she is the best!

RoosterCogburn

I used to when I was younger. You'll grow out of it eventually. Nobody really cares or notices. Unless somebody from school sees you and they know you're with your mom because you're a loner but other than that it doesn't matter. I always avoid the local mall. One time I ran into my Math teacher at Superstore. *grimaces*

Chilling__Echo

aw yetisbabe, don't feel stupid :( (((hugs))) they're part of your family and a support - you can't help the way you feel.

i love going places with my mom as when i was w/ my ex for three years i didn't spend a whole lot of time with her, now i can't get enough since i've gone off to college and she's such a big support. when i was younger and had too, i just loved getting out of the house.

Toad

Whenever I go somewhere I haven't been before, or go somewhere like the doctors or shopping I always have to bring my mom or someone I am comfortable with along. I do kinda feel like a loser for this, but it's something I can't seem to stop.
RoosterCogburn said:
I used to when I was younger. You'll grow out of it eventually.
I don't agree with this...I am 19 and I have this problem...I should have grown out of it a long time ago.

LittleMissScareAll

I go everywhere with my mom too, pretty much...when I do go anywhere. I used to go somewhere with my mom & dad pretty much every weekend but for the past year or so I've been staying home most of the time unless I absolutely have to go out(like to work or something), or unless I'm going to see a movie or going to a store I really like(there are just a few I really like)... But my mom is my best and only friend. I don't feel like a loser just for going everywhere with my mom though...I was never like most kids, where I was ashamed of my parents. I never have been ashamed of her; she's always been the only person on the planet who truly cares about me... and I could go alone...I have my license...but it takes so dang long to get anywhere. I live in the middle of NOWHERE. :roll: And I also get really nervous driving in the bigger cities because alot of people on the road are idiots who need to have their license taken from them--they scare the crap out of me. 8O

black_mamba

My mum is my best friend too!

I think as a teenager I was deadly embarrassed of going shopping with my mum. The only thing I grew out of was this embarrassment, now I cherish the time I spend with her.

I love seeing people, young people, going out with their mothers. It's really endearing. How come you don't see many people going out with their fathers though...? 8O

My father was bit stressed out at busy places (agorophobic?) like me too, so we never went anywhere like that together, only to bookshops where we spent hours reading.

LittleMissScareAll

Maybe cause alot of dads don't like shopping or going out much? Actually I don't know about most dads, but mine doesn't...he hates shopping(unless he's looking for a certain car part or something) and doesn't really like going out to do anything, except going out to eat. :?

Sue

had bad past with dad but im very forgiving. he is not too good so i will spend more time with him now before he is gone from this world.
i dont think anyone would understand this if they knew what happened before but i just have to have a dad in my life. its a simple fact to me.