Feel Good Items

<ladybug>

...not in the way you may be thinking.

Any of you guys have something that you have to take with you when you go somewhere to feel better or safer?

I like to take a bottle of water with me when I go out because I dont want to be stuck somewhere and be dehydrated, causing me to passout in public or whatever.

It's a little funny when I think about it now how it happened. I went to a job interview a while ago and had to wait FOREVER for the manager (seriously like 2 hours since he kept leaving to help customers). The whole time I am waiting in the busy pet hotel, I am sooo thirsty since I didnt drink anything that day yet (there was nothing at my house and tap water was gross). I go to a water fountain and drink a lot. This plus nervous stomache is not good. I go to the bathroom and start dry heaving haha. I go back and sit down. A customer asked if I was ok. By this point I am having a big panic attack, which keeps making me go back to the bathroom so I can calm down. Then I got worried that they would think I was going to the bathroom too much lol.

Anyway that's why I carry water wherever I go lol. Damn agoraphobic brain...

reaperxxx

This may sound dumb, but I own 3 turtles, and I love turtles. I have a keychain with a turtle on it and when ever I start to feel awkward or if I feel like people are staring at me I take it out and play with it and it makes me feel some what better about the situation. It's helped me out on dates too. He rarely leaves my pocket.

Helmaninquiel

...not in the way you may be thinking.

Any of you guys have something that you have to take with you when you go somewhere to feel better or safer?

I like to take a bottle of water with me when I go out because I dont want to be stuck somewhere and be dehydrated, causing me to passout in public or whatever.

It's a little funny when I think about it now how it happened. I went to a job interview a while ago and had to wait FOREVER for the manager (seriously like 2 hours since he kept leaving to help customers). The whole time I am waiting in the busy pet hotel, I am sooo thirsty since I didnt drink anything that day yet (there was nothing at my house and tap water was gross). I go to a water fountain and drink a lot. This plus nervous stomache is not good. I go to the bathroom and start dry heaving haha. I go back and sit down. A customer asked if I was ok. By this point I am having a big panic attack, which keeps making me go back to the bathroom so I can calm down. Then I got worried that they would think I was going to the bathroom too much lol.

Anyway that's why I carry water wherever I go lol. Damn agoraphobic brain...

LOL Sadly enough that's exactly what I was thinking. (Naughty me.)

GhoulsNightOut

This may sound dumb, but I own 3 turtles, and I love turtles. I have a keychain with a turtle on it and when ever I start to feel awkward or if I feel like people are staring at me I take it out and play with it and it makes me feel some what better about the situation. It's helped me out on dates too. He rarely leaves my pocket.

That is freakin' adorable! :)

I don't have one but this reminded me of when my school therapist suggested that I do something like that...carry something with me that can comfort/calm myself down during stressful times. Can't believe I completely forgot about this! Hmm...I want to do this. I adore parrots to death so I'm gonna get something with a parrot on it, like a necklace maybe. :cool:

da_illest101

Feel Good Items :D

...not in the way you may be thinking. ::(:

I don't have any feel good item. Maybe my cell, i feel like it's my sidekick

Kiwong

Run for your life magazine

My Garmin

Copies of stories I have had published

My digital SLR of course

Flora field guides

Race result printouts

My medals

Last edited:

TheSanctuarian

I have a keychain with a turtle on it and when ever I start to feel awkward or if I feel like people are staring at me I take it out and play with it and it makes me feel some what better about the situation. It's helped me out on dates too. He rarely leaves my pocket.

That is really sweet, you shouldn't feel ashamed about that. if it works for you, screw what other people think.

upndwn

Apart from clothes there are three things I never leave home without, my cell phone, my wallet and a couple of hair-elastics.

Currently I'm without a phone. I lost it at the beach a couple of days ago :(

da_illest101

Yeah, I actually find my phone quite annoying a lot of the time (mainly because I never get many messages on it) BUT i like to take it with me places because I know that if things get awkward anywhere (on a bus, at the doctor's waiting room etc) I can just whip it out and start playing 'glow puzzle' (i.e look like I'm doing something and that's why i can't talk)

Lol i do that so often at school or work just to act like i'm doing something when i'm not.

WeirdyMcGee

not me.

All I can do to feel a bit comfortable is be in my room.
One single item or even a few things together-- don't make me feel safer no matter where I am, if I'm outside of my room.

TheSanctuarian

weirdly, my bag - victorinox 75th anniversary monosling :D llove of my life. if im out I never take it off. I feel safe with it on, and knowing that I can get away without having to fumble. I can just get up and go. and my headphones - so I can just stick them in, turn the volume up and ignore the world.

thor01

For me I think, my thin blue jacket haha. Doesn't necasserily make me feel good. But I lke to carry it, somtimes.

Last edited: