Fearing More Places

Ana

I think my anxiety is getting worse -much worse!
At first I was only afraid of a few places, such as school, and the downtown area. Now it's almost everywhere! I fear just walking from my home to the end of the street to get my little sister. Why is this happening? Is it normal?
I'm becoming more and more controlled by this anxiety. It's now keeping me at home and keeping me from living my life. I'm only sixteen and I don't want to miss out on my teenage years.
All I want is help, but no one seems to be able to help me!
Sorry, needed to vent a little.
If you could post a reply or pm me that'd be great! I just need people to talk to that understand!

Hi Ana,

Of course you are not alone, there are lots of people that can help you and lots of people that can give you advice because they know what your going through. Just dont give up on things.

Its also good you can have a good old vent because getting things out of your system is always good for you.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Ana

Hi Ana,

Of course you are not alone, there are lots of people that can help you and lots of people that can give you advice because they know what your going through. Just dont give up on things.

Its also good you can have a good old vent because getting things out of your system is always good for you.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks jonnyjonny_uk.
I know I'm not alone really, but I guess at times, when your down, you just feel really alone. I really just post here to vent, as you said it lets you get it out of your system and people usually post some helpful words or advice.
Best wishes.

Your welcome Ana,

When did your anxiety start? Are you actually having any treatment at the moment?

What other things do you do or try to make yourself feel better?

ThatOneGirl

wow it sounds just like i wrote this! im 16 and used 2 only have fear of places like school n downtown OKC but now i also walk down the street 2 pick up my little sister frm the babysitter and ill look 2 c if any 1s out 1st n i feel all selfconciece walkin n dunno wat 2 do w my arms i want 2 live my life so bad cuz i kno ill regret it when im older that i didnt have a normal life when i was young and pretty :(

ThatOneGirl said:
wow it sounds just like i wrote this! im 16 and used 2 only have fear of places like school n downtown OKC but now i also walk down the street 2 pick up my little sister frm the babysitter and ill look 2 c if any 1s out 1st n i feel all selfconciece walkin n dunno wat 2 do w my arms i want 2 live my life so bad cuz i kno ill regret it when im older that i didnt have a normal life when i was young and pretty :(

At least you have recognized there is something not quite right and now you can concentrate on doing something about it.

Do you have any ideas what might have made you get worse though?

John

Ana

Your welcome Ana,

When did your anxiety start? Are you actually having any treatment at the moment?

What other things do you do or try to make yourself feel better?

Well, my anxiety started about 4 years ago and lately it has gotten unbearable. I've seen a councilor at the hospital and am waiting for someone to answer my request for treatment.
Lately I've been gardening in my backyard to try and help me deal with the anxiety. It's bad though because when ever the neighbours come out I run back inside.

wow it sounds just like i wrote this! im 16 and used 2 only have fear of places like school n downtown OKC but now i also walk down the street 2 pick up my little sister frm the babysitter and ill look 2 c if any 1s out 1st n i feel all selfconciece walkin n dunno wat 2 do w my arms i want 2 live my life so bad cuz i kno ill regret it when im older that i didnt have a normal life when i was young and pretty

Lol. What you just wrote sounds like me too.
I'm also sixteen and fear that I'm wasting my young years by staying in the house all the time.
When I walk I tend to swing my arms around alot, which looks halarrious. So, now I hold them really tight against my sides and I look like a tree. When I walk I always feel as if someone is starring at me as if I'm walking funny.
I hate being afraid of everything and anything. I feel as if I'm not in control of my own life which really sucks!

LucyG

You are not alone

You are not alone. Ana. We are all here to support each other. PM me any time

ThatOneGirl

not sure wat brought on my SA always been shy at 1st prob cuz we move almost evry yr so i just kept 2 myself n never made friends newhere n my mom wont let me 4get it just a few seconds ago i heard her on the phone sayin shes worried bout me n i have n friends n never leave the house she makes comments likt hat 2 me all the time which only make me feel lik a pathetic loser if even my mom worries bout me. i wish she could understand,, she doesnt even try 2. my brother had SA 2 but hes completely over it i have no clue how he did it but now its like hes not human,, like hesa robot,, nobody cs it but me. bcuz of his SA he got in2 drugs i just hide 4rm the world im so sick of it. i want 2 b better.

I have SA just like you do but not so extreme. I beleive you have to train your mind and body to get better. SA is only how you think about things, when you walk you think about your arms so they feel akward. If a dog started chasing you, now your not worried about your arms because you probably won't be thinking about them. Train yourself to NOT think about what you are doing and get your mind off the worries. You know your not in danger so there's nothing to be afraid of. Tell yourself you are great, personally I make fun of people (not in a mean way but I get laughs) it raises my confidence. Find what works for you. Main thing is DON'T THINK about what your body is doing, because your body will move unconciously while you think about the road or anything else but NOT about anxiety causeing thoughts. Trust me, it's only thoughts and you can train yourself. Slowly but surely you can get better and fell less akward in you body when you walk outside. I beat anxiety disorder simply by forcing myself to not think and think positively about everything. It's a long progress but the rewards are amazing and you have the power to control it!