Fear of seeing other people humiliated?

I'm new here.
Does anyone else avoid situations where others may humiliate themselves in a large group?

I avoid watching awards shows because I'm fear someone will trip or vomit in front of people...

Does that make sense with social phobia?::eek::

EgoZero

Well yeah, people with social phobia usually are really sensitive people and you do know how painful can be humiliating situations for yourself, so you can probably feel the pain of others also. Thats why it's hard for you to watch them.
I also tend to feel really bad if I see someone in some humiliating situation.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't feel fear, but I get angry (in case there's other people humilliating someone) or i just want to help that person, or something. I can't enjoy a f***ing TV show for the same reason. It causes the same crappy feelings as if it happened to me.

planemo

This may sound a little silly, but I'm so sensitive to humiliation that when I'm watching a programme on tele and I know someone is going to get humiliated and or put in an awkward position, I immediately change the channel.

Catuk

This may sound a little silly, but I'm so sensitive to humiliation that when I'm watching a programme on tele and I know someone is going to get humiliated and or put in an awkward position, I immediately change the channel.

I do exactly the same thing.

talisman

Yeah I do tend to cringe or look away when somene is being humiliated on tv. It is rather an odd thing to do. lol

Emily_G

I'm new here.
Does anyone else avoid situations where others may humiliate themselves in a large group?

I avoid watching awards shows because I'm fear someone will trip or vomit in front of people...

Does that make sense with social phobia?::eek::

Oh my gosh....I thought I was the only person like this!!

I won't avoid watching things....but sometimes in movies when I know someone is going to do something really embarrassing I will fast foward through the part, or hide my eyes or something. I know it's fake!! And even if it were real, it doesn't affect me!! I don't know why I do this!!! So weird!!!

Yep, I can relate to this. It's like I get anxiety for people even if I can tell they're not embarrassed about whatever it is they did. It's pretty annoying.

Krista

When I was little I hated watching people be humiliated in public, even in movies. It made me uncomfortable for them and myself.

recluse

Yes i do. If i watch a film or something and the character is a bit dorkish i feel bad for them. It's empathy i suppose because i fear the same thing for myself.