fear death, yet long for it

nonentity

I am in an interesting quandary. You see, I've been suicidal for many a year, and have attempted it on three separate occasions. If I'd had access to a gun I would be dead. I'm actually trying to urge my mom to buy a gun for "home protection" when really it's so I'd have an easy, painless out. I know everyone will say, think how that would make her feel. I would probably wait until she dies. In any case I'm a burden on her and she'd be better off without me! BELIEVE me, it's true! Anyway I have a point here. You see I'm an atheist. In a way I envy people who have religious/spiritual beliefs that include the conviction of an afterlife. That would be SO comforting. I myself am convinced there is no afterlife, that there's a total ceasing of all consciousness. That's very hard to wrap my head around. I suppose if that's the case then there's nothing to worry about. All pain will end. But so will all pleasure. Granted, in my life pleasure is relative. I'm agoraphobic, bipolar, with a whopping case of OCD that causes me endless torment. I have no friends. Just my mom and my cat. No anti-depressant has yet managed to alleviate my depression to a degree that gives me any sort of quality of life. Granted, it's not as bad as it once was. Anyway, I'm rambling. Just felt like reaching out, thanks for listening.

Ericisme

You gotta think about somthing, if there was a god, and an afterlife. You gotta remember god gave you that life, probably for humor. So if you went to an afterlife what would happen? Your the same, but with no penis, and surrounded by naked women. Who knows. So you better pray there is no god. Thank god science, gravity, and physics proved there isnt.

You see I love to sleep, it literaly took me more then 2 hours to get to sleep last night, more than usual but sitting there in the quiet, thats better then most things, even better is dreaming about stuff, unless you have bad nightmares. But even better is nothing, letting 10 hours pass by while your sleeping. Thank god I don't dream anymore. Try "lucid dreaming", wish I could, would be awsome.