Favourite X-mas Movies?

LA-girl

Favourite Christmas Movies

Are there any good ones out there that you would like to recommend?

There is this old movie (I think it's even in b/w) about this girl who do not believe in Santa, but then this Kris Kringle comes along and she gets more and more convinced. I am sure it is a classic, but I need to know the title, so if any one could help me out here I would definately appreciate it!

I am also a fan of the Wizard of Oz, not exactly a christmas movie, but it is now a part of my x-mas tradition.

Other movies I like to watch during the season is:
*edited*

Miracle on 34th Street :wink:
Love Actually
Home Alone
Tre Nøtter til Askepott
Ever After (below)

postcard2.jpg

Ever After TRAILER

ata70130nl.jpg

Over The Rainbow

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high.
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue.
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star and
wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
Away above the chimney tops.
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow,
Why then - oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh, why can't I?

Wizard of Oz, TRAILER

themousethatroared

The movie with the little who at first does not believe in Santa is "Miracle on 34th Street" it was made in 1947 and again in 1994. I like to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" at some point during Christmas. Both very good movies.

LA-girl

themousethatroared said:
The movie with the little who at first does not believe in Santa is "Miracle on 34th Street" it was made in 1947 and again in 1994. I like to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" at some point during Christmas. Both very good movies.

Yay, that's the one! Thanks! :D I guess it must have been the original version I saw. (Wow, didn't know it was that old though!!)

I know "It's a Wonderful Life" is a legendary movie and a "must watch" at least in the US, but I have yet to see it. I don't think they have aired it in my country yet (as far as i'm aware of) which is a shame. I haven't seen it in any stores either so i guess online shopping is the only option.

zixac

One movie I saw last year and want to see this year also is:

The Polar Express.

Great computer-animation-movie.

polar.jpg

zixac

jinxed said:
I really like the picture of the movie here zixac. It looks very magical and amazing. I never happened to hear of this movie, not that I pay attention but it looks like a really great one. What was the story about?
Polar Express Trailer

I am definately going to watch this once before christmas.

LA-girl

I forgot to mention that I have also made it a tradition to watch the movie 'Chocolat' sometime during christmas. For some reason that movie unexpectedly gave me the good old christmas spirit feeling when watching it 2 years ago.

140317.1020.A.jpg

Lonelykitsune

Chrisatmas movies usually suck,especially christmas with the kranks.the only chritmas movie i ever liked was this version of the nutcracker i got in a pound shop years ago,i think it was a russian animation just translated or something.Or maybe i only think its good because of nostalgia?