Favourite music genre?

Iluv

I can't pick between the two: Metal & Rap.

Yes, I am weird. I like two of the opposite things.

WeirdyMcGee

haha
Well, I hadn't heard it before-- but I suppose the combination was bound to happen.
I'm sure there's 'folk dubstep' and 'folk screamo', too. XD

A close second favourite genre is 30's-40's vocal music/ blues/ jazz.
I love The Ink Spots. < one of the many reasons why my mom always makes fun of me for acting much older than I am. My grandma and I both like the same music.

Last edited:

Roman Legion

haha
Well, I hadn't heard it before-- but I suppose the combination was bound to happen.
I'm sure there's 'folk dubstep' and 'folk screamo', too. XD

A close second favourite genre is 30's-40's vocal music/ blues/ jazz.
I love The Ink Spots. < one of the many reasons why my om always makes fun of me for acting much older than I am. My grandma and I both like the same music.

I listen to music non-stop and on a warm day when I am out driving, I play some music on my ipod that makes people look at me even more odd.. I like music that has attitude and is really dark or hauntingly beautiful.. I Also enjoy off shoots of punk (Grunge, No Wave.. et cetera..) I do have a certian fondness for New Wave or music that plays a glass harmonica in a dark or again hauntingly beautful way.. I am not into hair Metal, my metal is very specific..

Someone may enjoy Avant Garde Metal

Diablo Swing Orchestra - Lucy Fears The Morning Star - YouTube

Silatuyok

I'm with Weirdy, I love folk and 30s/40s jazzy stuff. But acoustic guitar has to be my absolute favorite.

MrJones

Mostly classic rock and folk, but I also love Jazz, as my nickname "Jazzhands/Jazzy" suggest ::p:

twiggle

Indie-pop all the way!
But really, I can enjoy most genres.
I particularly love instrumental/new age music.
I prefer music that isn't too mainstream. It's not that I'm a musical snob, but I think songs lose their special-ness when you hear them being played everywhere all the time. I think a lot of the creativity gets lost as well. That said there's a lot of mainstream music I do like simply because it brings back good memories etc.
Any song can be enjoyed if its heard at the right place at the right time, but if I'm in my room with my Spotify on, I'll pick indie-pop :p

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I can't really pick a favourite music genre...

But if I had to pick, I'd say Thrash metal... most heavy metal music, actually.

But I also like some jazz, ambient/electronic music and country music. As well as instrumental music.

Phoenixx

I mainly listen to hard rock, indie rock/pop, post-hardcore, and metal. I like some pop rock, acoustic, and dubstep too.