FAMILY!?..with?, or against you??...

fife_girl

i guess the title says it all...

is your family with you or against you???

i thought my family understood!!...clearly i was mistaken ;( ;(

what r ur situations??

EscapeArtist

Why? What happened today that made you think or realize that they aren't??

I think my family wants to be for me but has no idea how to.

fife_girl

Against. And they are one of the biggest problems in my life anyway.

my family are against me...

im always bein asked why im wasting my life n why im not lookin for work!! :mad:

CAUSE I CANT!!!!!...GRRRR...
SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!...

i think that they think im milking the state ;(

DarkPhoenix

My family support me but i think they underestimate how much of an effect social anxiety has on my life. My extended family just thinks im shy.

Kato

I never really had any family support. Maybe in some small ways. Most siblings were against me. For the most part, they know now not to mess around with me or I will bite back fiercely.

fife_girl

I never really had any family support. Maybe in some small ways. Most siblings were against me. For the most part, they know now not to mess around with me or I will bite back fiercely.

thats kinda good they wont mess with ur feelins ..... mine just put me down :(

DarkPhoenix

my family are against me...

im always bein asked why im wasting my life n why im not lookin for work!! :mad:

CAUSE I CANT!!!!!...GRRRR...
SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!...

i think that they think im milking the state ;(

I dont think people realize just how difficult it is for someone with SA to actually seek out a job and stay in one, to actively seek out an environment that makes you feel nauseous even thinking about.

I've not talked to anyone in my family for about two weeks. Maybe about ten words in all for these past two weeks

MaliceInWickedland

For the most part, my mom supports me but she doesn't quite understand exactly how much of an impact my SA has on my life. I can't say anything to her though, let alone my true feelings because she's already stressed out with life as it is and I know that if I tell her the things I'm truly feeling every second of my life it'll just completely tear her apart and I don't ever want to see that happen. She's all I have left in this world. Everyone else is gone and my extended family could care less. All they care about is themselves.

Feathers

I had a clash with my family today/yesterday again too..

Sometimes I think they understand and then it's again.. grr!!

Maybe there's something weird in the air?

I'm glad to be out of my house in that respect to the say the least.

Sorry to hear that fife... I dunno, it's just hard for normal people to understand I suppose. ****, SA is a son of a bitch - I hate it. It's such a terrible disease yet makes so little sense that normal people (even some doctors/psychiatrists) can't understand it. "Why are you afraid of being looked at? Why are you so quiet?" etc.". :/

petrified eyes

My family supports me, they somewhat understand what I'm going through. They try to help but they end up doing more harm than good. So much unintentional harm in fact, that I've decided to move out soon. Even my therapist has agreed that living here isn't good for my mental health.

hoddesdon

Yes, there does seem to be a lack of understanding in general. Some people do not even think it is possible.

Hey i feel sorry for you fife girl, Sometimes my family can be really rude or mean too about my situation, but they are there for me. But when I have a panic attack they don't always react good. it seems like they cant cope with me.
So sometimes, yeah. I really hate to be here.
So i'm looking for an own place to live. But we will keep doing family things together, but it's hard to feel this way, We want to feel understood.
sometimes people can be soooo rude. It just depends on their mood. i guess.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
My family is "supportive," but completely oblivious. I really haven't told them anything (the irony...) and they seem to think everything is okay and have accepted me almost. Like my dad as jokes to people about how I never talk to people and that I'm anti-social "like the rest of the family" (Not the case). And a week ago my mom told me "you're not outgoing person and that's okay."

We all know our situations but I think we forget the point of view of our families, especially our parents/guardians. The idea that there is anything wrong with their child is something very difficult to swallow. Although it seems they don't understand ( which on a level they don't) they are also in denial. "There's nothing wrong with my son/daughter, he/she is perfect! He/she is just shy, and shouldn't have any trouble getting a job, having friends, leaving the house, ect." Complete denial.

fife_girl

my step dad is always asking me about working...iv got to the point i just give him one word answers...feel like i constantly have to explain why i cant do something.
my younger sister is usually ok if shes in a good mood but then il get little digs about ppl milking the state n that ppl with mental health problems can work. This is soooo frustrating to sit and listen to, its not like i love being this way! >;(
GRRRRRRRR!!