Fake tans/facial whitening creams to minimize redness

ladysman

Hi,

Will using a fake tan on my face help hide blushing or at least minimize the visibility? Has anyone tried this? I have fair skin with slightly rosy cheeks even when I'm not blushing. My face turns red, albeit not always a bright shade of red, by very small non social and psychological factors such as exercise or even resting my cheek on my hand. Anyway, a couple of years ago I started using a fake tan (Johnsons Holiday Skin) to cover up my blushing for only a couple of weeks. During this time I blushed and my friends never said anything but a girl who I didnt know asked me "why have you turned red?". Obviously my blushing was still visible but I dont know if it had become less visible since I started using the fake tan or whether it would have become completely hidden or almost completely hidden if I hadn't stopped using it out of fear that it only made my blushing worse. Do you think I can make my blushing and redness less visible if I start using a fake tan or maybe even a facial whitening cream? Can anyone reccomend a good fake tan or facial whitening cream? Thanks::eek::

kenco

Hi mate,

The best fake tan is defo Johnson's Holiday Skin what you have used before. I tried many which look good for a couple of hours but you can look like a right tango man if you leave on for too long. I find with Johnson's holiday skin if you apply just a small amount say no bigger than a 5p it can really reduce the harshness of redness. I even used to have a spray tan St Tropez every so often just on my face but once again if leave on too long you can look really orange! lol! Less is more in my opinion!:)

T

trina920

i've been using 'makebelieve' (£25) brand which I've bought from larger London Boots shops.. it's moisturizing night cream that gives only light tan but it's good if you don't have time for self tanner and then separate moisturiser.. but I've just bought St Tropez Rapide Medium to Dark (£18) as well to use every now and then.. I've previously tried L'Oreal facial spray but that was a bit uneven.. I've had really bad face skin (not sure if relating to my FB) but that's why I'm tyring to use a bit more expensive ones.. not sure if people have figured it out that one reason for fake tan is my FB problem:)

H

helepops

Hi,

Have you tried the dove tan? Iv tried the st tropez as im a therapist in a salon and find anything is better than being white.

Hi mate,

The best fake tan is defo Johnson's Holiday Skin what you have used before. I tried many which look good for a couple of hours but you can look like a right tango man if you leave on for too long. I find with Johnson's holiday skin if you apply just a small amount say no bigger than a 5p it can really reduce the harshness of redness. I even used to have a spray tan St Tropez every so often just on my face but once again if leave on too long you can look really orange! lol! Less is more in my opinion!:)

bernnebez

Yes a fake tan is really important for face to help hide blushing and some other not equal skin tones. This is one of the most common things to do to our face to make it fair skin. It will also give you the desired tone of skin.

Last edited:

Meisiemel

Many makeup brands sell a green primer ( to disguise redness) that you wear under foundation.
I think a whitening cream would make blushing more
noticeable.

Meisiemel

Oops - I just noticed your name is ladysman -I guess that means you're male. I had assumed you were a girl. I suppose you won't be wearing any foundation then.
The green cream can be used alone - if it's rubbed in really well it's not too noticeable.

Stuckwithme

Fake tans look...fake. It wont help, you might believe it does, but it just makes you look even more weird. Blushing is normal, even if you do it excessivly, fake tans and looking orange in the face, now THAT will give you attention.