Facial Blushing - I'm going to help myself and others

Hello all,

I blush a lot. I'm not going to tell you my sob story because there's already thousands of them out there. Instead of complaining about blushing I'm going to take action to help myself and along the way I want to help others as well.

I'm new to this so you guys probably know far more about the topic than I do, so I need your help. What I want to do is provide a website to specifically help out blushers and facial flushers like myself. I want to put all our knowledge together so we can help one another. So if I were to start a website to help out others with facial blushing, what would you like to see on the site?

I aim to provide links to videos, pictures, books, guides etc. Do you know anything good I could link to? Know anything else I should include? Hopefully by setting this thing up not only will I help myself but I'll be able to help others along the way. The website will be:

http://www.stopblushing.org

though it's currently blank right now.

Thanks for your time,
RedBlusher989

GloomySunday

It's great to see someone being so pro-active and willing to put time and effort into such a project. I wish you all the best :D

BenBlade

Fantastic!!!

I'm a graphic designer and I've been thinking of developing a site similar to this but more user friendly and specific to blushing.

I suffer from facial blushing everyday and I'm constantly attempting new methods to combat the problem and I've tried many methods recommended by others which have proved unsuccessful

If you're serious about putting together a new site I have some great ideas. Send me an email to: [email protected]

Reholla

so I havent blushed out of EMBARRASSMENT ( to where it was really obvious in front of people) in over a year...

But i have problems with getting FLUSHED-- is this the same thing?

Like if i am tired... or just worn out at the end of the day, i wont even be doing anything but being at home.. and my face will be all read/pink and flushed ... i dont know what to do about this. I usually go to bed cause i know thats a sogn i need to. But a few times with group presentations at school, we would all be up at the library late and this has happened before. It is not BLUSHING... i can feel it coming on , its kind of like hot flashes except just for my face. Its weird... does anyone know about this.???

Anyway, girls are lucky and we can wear make up, bronzer, powder. ALSO i NEVER have to use blush ;) i have naturally pink undertones.. so i guess thats a perk. Some girls dont and apply blush.

About that AI video, i think i would blush too if i were Simon!!! haha that was funny

Reaching-Zen

Well I just checked out your stop blushing site and its really good you are doing something about it. Something that may help other sufferers.
I dont really have any suggestions for it as I've only just started looking into it. You could put a link to this site though, if you haven't already.

yellowteeth

Hello all,

I blush a lot. I'm not going to tell you my sob story because there's already thousands of them out there. Instead of complaining about blushing I'm going to take action to help myself and along the way I want to help others as well.

I'm new to this so you guys probably know far more about the topic than I do, so I need your help. What I want to do is provide a website to specifically help out blushers and facial flushers like myself. I want to put all our knowledge together so we can help one another. So if I were to start a website to help out others with facial blushing, what would you like to see on the site?

I aim to provide links to videos, pictures, books, guides etc. Do you know anything good I could link to? Know anything else I should include? Hopefully by setting this thing up not only will I help myself but I'll be able to help others along the way. The website will be:

How to Stop Blushing and Facial Flushing

though it's currently blank right now.

Thanks for your time,
RedBlusher989

Hi RedBlusher

I've checked out your website and it seems to contain solid information, it's a really positive step to take in coming to terms with and addressing your blushing problem for sure!

Can you give me some details on the "Blushing Breakthrough" eBook you recommend?

Thanks, a fellow blusher.

grimaldi

Maybe you should do some more research about the part on ETS surgery. It can't be reversed to begin with, and the "five percent" with bothersome sweating -- where the hell did you pick up that number? At a surgeons hotline?

This is a dangerous operation one should not downplay the risks.

yellowteeth

Grimaldi - I spent some hours reading up on ETS after following your links. My problem certainly isn't worth taking those kinds of risks. I guess some people will be desperate enough to try though. Personally I'm willing to try anything 'natural' including herbal, hypnosis (basically anything non-surgical).

I've downloaded the first chapter of that eBook (free), it's an interesting read. Think I will hunt further through these forums before I decide on my own path to a cure.

plumbum

This was my cure for facial blushing:

I had terrible problems with very obvious blushing (and hidden heavy sweating during an 'attack') and all the self-consciousness that goes with it for far too many decades; it had a very negative impact on many areas of my life. At school I was 'beetroot' or 'plumbum' - I had zero confidence, no social skills and a very, very good academic brain. But of course I then underachieved throughout most of my life and have been too much of a loner because of my 'condition'.

I did however find a cure that worked for me, about three years ago, and it cost nothing. It may look like a very extreme solution but needs must you might say. Looking back, I never planned this, and this is genuine (I'm not trying to sell something), but the answer was to confront one of my deepest fears ... which was to be naked in front of other people. So my cure came in two parts.

The first part was to pluck up the courage to sunbathe naked on quiet beaches in France, I started doing that about 15 years ago. The second more recent part was to start doing occasional life modelling for art classes. That was very, very challenging to begin with, my legs were like jelly before the first session, but ultimately it was very rewarding. After that first session I was punching the air.

The difference it has made to my self-esteem has been immense. For me that proved to be the escape route from the nightmare world of blushing. It worked for me and continues to work. I modelled on and off for about 18 months, but not for the last two years for various reasons, but I now have three sessions booked in the next month. I know I will feel apprehensive beforehand, and self-conscious during the sessions, but that is all the more reason to do them. And of course I get to see some images of myself that give me a real boost too. They are a bonus.

If you want to try this, you can choose to model away from your hometown, I think it's easier to start where no one knows you (very few people know I do this). After that it's up to you. To find venues do some Internet research (art classes, life modelling, etc.) and send lots of emails, you will eventually get an opportunity. Artists really do like all shapes and sizes. When you get that first opportunity, take it - don't bottle out. You'll be punching the air after your first session, as I did. Then stick with it as it will take more than one session.

I now live with no fear of blushing. I no longer sit in a corner or to one side of a room with one hand covering the side of my face. I no longer live in fear of somebody mentioning blushing. After decades of trauma I can finally relax and live my life with confidence. It's amazing. I find it hard to believe I put up with it for as long as I did. No one ever helped me, ultimately I had to help myself. I can't guarantee it will work for you but I genuinely hope it does, whoever and wherever you are. Good luck.