everyone find a partner. gyme class

Sue

this was always a tough thing for me to do. i was always left on my own. everyone always had a partner before i did so i was left standing there like such a fool.

i think kids in school are afraid to go near the "loner" incase they get left out too. the kids in my school were so horrible to other kids that had no friends. they had no mercy for them either.

was anyone else left last in the gyme when you had to find a partner?

personaly i remember those moments to be the most embarrasing of all because i felt bad that i was holding up the class.

"who wants to do the excercise with susan"

"oh look no one deos.. what a surprise. im just going to run off and cry now" lol ha it was so bad

redlady

I hated P/E - physical education too. What used to distress me was when teams had to be picked. You have your two captains who one by one choose who they want on their teams. Slowly the large group of students is whittled down and the 'dregs' are always left until last - you feel like such a loser standing their waiting - praying - please choose me - don't let me be the last one. I hated the fact that i gave a shit - but i did.

Sue

yeah i remember being the last person to be picked too.

and when it happens, all the bad experiences build up in your head and make it seem 20 times worse.

"oh god here we go again"

i started to skip gym class after that.
i went to the art room instead because no one was there.
i dont know how i convinced them to let me but whatever it was it worked and it was such a relief.

black_mamba

:lol:

No one picked me. Ever.

The one chance I got to play a prominent role for my netball lesson I accidently picked up the goal shooter bib; the most anti-SP position out there! I looked at the p.e. instructor because she knew I was timid and she just gave me a look that said 'go for it'. And I kicked the other team's ASS scoring loaaaads of goals all on my own.

Come team choosing time next lesson...nope, no one picked me again.

:lol: I thought it was funny, because they were being dumb.

(btw, netball is basketball but less fun) :p

Sue

i think they would have been mad not to pick you on their team scoring all those points for your team. what the hell is wrong with those people.

did i read your post wrong? 8O

cody2468

I was always the last person to get picked. Each time the teachers said to pair up or pick teams I used to stand back from the group not knowing who to pick.

black_mamba

i think they would have been mad not to pick you on their team scoring all those points for your team. what the hell is wrong with those people.

did i read your post wrong?

Nope, they were teenage girls so they only wanted their friends to be in the team with them. I don't think would've noticed me even if I was an olympic medal winning netball player! :lol:

Maybe all us 'last to be picked' people should form our own group and beat them at their own game mwahaha... 8O

Sue

god damn right mamba

we could call ourselves the "ha f*ck you squad"

...er 8O no we would just be beaten up after school..lol :?

Sue

havent seen it no i heard its quite funny. i might give it a watch sometime.

Neebo

I had exactly the same experience when I was in high school. I remember doing P.E which I absolutely hated anyway and could never understand why we had to do it. I remember whenever we played football that I too was always the last one to be picked. I also felt like a loser,too :oops: Not just because I had Socialphobia but also because I was totally crap at football and it seemed like everyone knew it too :oops: What made it even more worse is that when we were playing no one ever passed the ball to me, even if I was right next to them. As a result I felt even more like a loser :oops: In the end I didn't bother with P.E. I just got my mom or dad to right me a sick note so I didn't have to do it :)

rj32093

I am not sure why people have the impression that us (shy people) don't like other people. One time someone at work asked me why I didn't like her. I asked her why she felt that way and she said that because I didn't talk to her or anyone else she had that impresion of me. I felt bad because I never disliked this person. I really do get along with others, not by talking or not...But because I never disagree on anything. I was always picked last and was never the one to pick a team. I thought I was the only one but I am glad that is not the case.

Falling

in PE when we played football, i was always last to get picked and also there was another 1. but because i was friend with the captain he used to pick me... i dont give them fault for not picking me... i always sucked in sports, and i was sooo shy playing when there were other kids looking. once we went to a ground out of the school and i played really well.. but always sucked in generally.

Yossarian

I was always in the middle somewhere. I still hated it because I wasn't first picked not that I could justify being first picked. I used it to make me more motivated and play better. Or foul people lol.

Quinzio

Yes, definetly.
It was always feeling bad during this "partner exercise".
I hated those moments when teachers said "we'll play volleyball, now form three teams".
I was always waiting to be choosen rather than making any active role, and I was finishing with the guy who looked awkward.
I feel sad as I am remembering those moments.

Nvenya

Didn't have that problem too much because I refused to do gym. The school counselor allowed me to bypass gym and do something else instead. By my highschool years I would do anything to get out of situations where I might be embarrassed, humiliated and picked last. Guess that is why I left school after 10th grade and got my GED. I figured I would rather spend my 11th grade year in college instead. Kids are so cruel. In middle school things were pretty bad though. I was a big loser. I would end up having to give money to kids so they wouldn't leave me out of things. :cry:

jenz

Quinzio said:

Yes, definetly.
It was always feeling bad during this "partner exercise".
I hated those moments when teachers said "we'll play volleyball, now form three teams".
I was always waiting to be choosen rather than making any active role, and I was finishing with the guy who looked awkward.
I feel sad as I am remembering those moments.

I can't help but laugh at that especially... finishing with the guy who looked akward....haha....that happened to me but ended up with both akward guys and girls....if we happed to make a team we looked the strangest. group of people..I felt of course really self-conscious of that...LIke oooh Noo !!!Im in the weird people group!...lol ...aaah....and we'd always played the worst...!!!....If I was in a "normal" group, I was outcasted there too...and was very much unenthusiastic about playing sports.....other students would be like ...do you need to take some..iron supplements vitamins or something....are you pregnant (I was 13 at the time) !? lol...that was a long time ago (im 24 now) ..thank God! ...Im still in akward situations ..but those , as child teeen, felt painful because I had no choice but to be in school. :lol: :lol: :?

jenz

ooooh and did any of you guys play dodge ball in school....ooooh that was the worst....either I was hit on the most or I was hit on last...and it hurt real bad too lol im rolling here !!!..( im in one of my okay moods)...volley ball wasn't as bad...I played great there...I was known real well for being shy ...but I was also known as one of the best servers....so I was usually included in those at least...lol ! :lol: :lol: :lol: