effing parauresis

Section_31

Is getting worse -.-. Much worse. I cant go at work anymore.

Not sure what to do, except try to seek help. I know there are potential health consequences if i cant get this under control. But what an embarassing convo to have with a perfect stranger in person, i already have enough self esteem issues!!

FML:kickingmyself::kickingmyself::kickingmyself:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Is getting worse -.-. Much worse. I cant go at work anymore.

Not sure what to do, except try to seek help. I know there are potential health consequences if i cant get this under control. But what an embarassing convo to have with a perfect stranger in person, i already have enough self esteem issues!!

FML:kickingmyself::kickingmyself::kickingmyself:

What potential health consequences? It's always good to get problems under control if you can, but this one seems like one you could live with to a degree easily, depending on the extent of the phobia.

Section_31

Ive had it once or twice before where it was so bad i had to go and physically COULD NOT AT ALL. I was in alot of pain and was worried id be going to the hospital. Luckily thats only happened on 2 occasions.

Prolonged like that though, it can lead to kidney damage because things get backed up, kidney stones (already had those!), not so good =/

jaim38

I used to have this problem too. I don't have a problem doing #1, but I can't do #2 in public restrooms especially with people around. I used to live in a dorm and this is a big problem. What I suggest doing is map out all the restrooms in the building. You can do this early in the morning, during lunch break, or after work. Afterwards, find out which restroom has the least traffic. In my experience, the restrooms on the upper floors have the least traffic (because there are less people up there).

Section_31

I used to have this problem too. I don't have a problem doing #1, but I can't do #2 in public restrooms especially with people around. I used to live in a dorm and this is a big problem. What I suggest doing is map out all the restrooms in the building. You can do this early in the morning, during lunch break, or after work. Afterwards, find out which restroom has the least traffic. In my experience, the restrooms on the upper floors have the least traffic (because there are less people up there).

This is what i did 4 yrs ago when i first started here, and it worked. Up to now ive never had a problem. Now THIS doesnt work anymore!

2 isnt a problem for me. But 1 just feels impossible -.-

:crying:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Ive had it once or twice before where it was so bad i had to go and physically COULD NOT AT ALL. I was in alot of pain and was worried id be going to the hospital. Luckily thats only happened on 2 occasions.

Prolonged like that though, it can lead to kidney damage because things get backed up, kidney stones (already had those!), not so good =/

Ouch, yeah that sounds bad. Good luck at the docs, hopefully he can help. I wouldn't worry about talking to him about it, doctors hear so much stuff and probably remember none of it by the end of the day, plus they're the last people to judge. They're there to help, not to judge, and that's what he'll do.

MikeyC

You'll have to swallow your anxiety and talk to someone about this. An embarrassing few minutes of conversation is not quite as bad as kidney stones.

I can't really help you out because I've never really experienced this problem...well, except that going #2 without sound barriers in a public restroom is not exactly my favourite thing to do.

Section_31

Luckily today was way way easier at work, no problems today. Nothings different. maybe its just me?. Although anxiety wise im actually MORE keyed up today than i was yesterday.

I still have an appointment with my doctor monday. Ill be bringing this up then.