effexor? help me please

Anonymous

I am starting effexor for the first time ever and I am nervous about taking this. Has anyone used it, what hints or side effects can you tell me about please?

thank you

PunkyMonkey

Hi Twee. I'm taking Effexor too, but I only started it a month or so ago. I have noticed a change. Things feel a lot more stable and I feel a lot more in control, most of the time. I do have some bad days, times, and whatever, which can be expected. My doctor increased my dosage from 75 mg to 150mg, which I'll be starting next week. I am wondering if it will have more of an effect.
I wish I could help you with more information, but I'm pretty new to it too. As for side effects, though, I didn't feel any. Only the first couple of days were really weird especially with my vision and ability to concentrate. After that, though, I was completely back to normal.
I hope it improves things, and let me know how it works out for you.

bentnbroken

Banned
I've been on it for a while and i find it moderately helpful. Luckily, when i first went on it the only side effects i had were a mild headache offset by alot of relaxation to the point of feeling buzzed. AFter a few weeks that went away and i felt normal again but with less depression and anxiety.

I have heard however, that for people on high doses it can be difficult or unpleasant to go off. But it probably varies alot from one person to the next anyway.

anxiousmouse

i have been on effexor for about 3 month and it been helping me a lot with my mood and anxiety. There has not been any side effects that i was expecting.
From my mothers opinion it is a good drug contrary to others like zoloft where when she was taking it she was often feeling dizziness and could not eat often.