Dreams. Image, hope and true self.

JackOfSpades

Sometimes when I wake up I feel rejuvenated. This never happens if I'm waking up to immediately go somewhere, but if I'm waking up from a god nap lately, or sleeping through the night and waking up a few hours before work, I feel like a completely different person.

Sometimes in the immediacy of waking up, in those very immediate moments, I'm energized. Sometimes there's this enthusiasm to go do something, to go satisfy something, to go learn something, usually socially. And then sometimes just like that, the sleep fog dissipates and I remember who I am, almost as if I had forgotten, because in the first few seconds I'm unburdened by myself. By my expectations. By my fear bias. And the things I want to do in those first seconds are leaving an impression on me. Because for someone that always feels unsure of who he really is, that fleeting instant feels like an unfiltered me.

I also had a random dream recently that took place a year or two from now. In the dream I was at the guitar shop. My skills had improved to the point I was confident in them, and I had continued to thicken out from weight training. And I was relaxed in my skin. The dream didn't seem to be about anything but showing me that.

These are both new to me, and happening in tandem. Does anybody else ever have dream experiences like these two?

JackOfSpades

It never happens when I'm waking up to go somewhere, because that responsibility becomes the preoccupying thought. But when I'm waking up to my own time, the feeling of enthusiasm, or inspiration is so strong, initially. It seems to slowly fade within the first minute or two and I feel like I "sink" in to my old thoughts and perspective, and my desire to return to every unproductive habit grows within that time. It's really becoming quite a noticeable thing, how often this is happening. Oh, and this is beginning to sound accidentally close to a journal, now. :lol:

LifeInternal88

Yea, I do sometimes wake up without a past or personality. Just wake up to the moment. It's wonderful.

It comes back, eventually...I mean the realness.