dont u hate it when

Why

you finally have the nerve to engage in a 1 on 1 convo with some1 (particularly the opposite sex) then some outgoing person just randomly budges in and it becomes a group discussion?

i srsly dread group discussions unless every1 else is shy like me so we can share time to talk, in discussions where ppl are avg-outgoing, im like a ghost.. and drift away, unable to make an impact at all....

:mad:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I hate it when that happens because they might start talking to each other (even change topic) and then I am ignored, completely left out and forgotten. Now a days, I try not to get into conversations with people in real life just to avoid these kind of situations. It's obvious that they get bored when I am around, I am not wanted, so why bother?.

Why

i think there has to be some ppl that want to talk with you, we just need to have practice and exposure to avoid it

My older sister did that once when was younger. I was talking to this nice guy and she just joined in and took over the conversation!:mad: She is outgoing.
I ended up leaving, and I don't even think they noticed I'd left. She knew I had SA.

limetree

Yeah this is really annoying, you feel so powerless in such situations. What's worse is when you're having a one on one convo with someone and they start looking around asking "so where's everyone else?" Then when they see someone who seems like more fun they either call out to them to come over or they just leave.