Don't buy music from iTunes!

Apersonalan

It turns out Australians are being charged up to double the price of the US and Britain to download music, movies and games from Apple's iTunes.

An album can cost $10.99 on Australian iTunes compared with $US6.99 for American customers and £5.99 in Britain.
A movie can cost $24.99 in Australia, compared with $US14.99 in the US and £9.99 in the UK.
Popular game applications are also more expensive. Street Fighter IV is £2.99 in Britain, $US4.99 in the US, but it's $5.99 in Australia.

Apple also DO NOT return calls.

Christopher Zinn of consumer group Choice said the practice was disgraceful.

"We are going to put a submission to the Productivity Commission because we do not believe there should be differential pricing on digitally delivered products" he said.

My Opinion

I know for sure if I ever bought anything from iTunes I sure wouldn't shop there again! BAH with you Apple!!

Apple are basically rampant evil at this point in time.I will not give these people my money,even if it means being left behind by technology.
They are all about the control and the profit.No matter what.

Please I hope this experience will have you join me in boycott of them.

da_illest101

I personally dislike apple on everything. people tend to buy just because it's popular or they don't know any better. I'm even gonna do an oral presentation on why android is better then ios next week

piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg

Apersonalan

I was personally going to save my money for the new iPhone 33 when it comes out, I don't want to buy and sell for each new version that comes out previous that is, but then I thought, nah forget it.

Mokkat

every good game that is released on steam have people complaining about aus pricing in the forums, its simply sad and retarded.

Gog.com has even taken action towards fair pricing, by ditching the ip-tracking of customers and letting people select what country theyre in - blatantly an option to allow customers equal prices

MikeyC

I never buy music from iTunes. I have bought games in the past for my iPod, such as Texas Hold 'Em and Yahtzee, but that's really about it. Those games aren't even on my iPod anymore, as all I really do is listen to music on it now.

upndwn

Personally I avoid anything apple related as the plague. For music I use Spotify. 20$ a month for all the music you want. Anything I can't get there I either buy on CD or download from a torrent site.