Does anyone feel like this after drinking

smallfish

Hi guys, newbie here..

I was just wondering if any of you guys have extreme anxiety after a night of drinking, i dont drink alot maybe once a week...When i wakeup after drinking everything seems to be ok, but then as time passes a bit it seems the anxiety goes crazy... I feel like i cant sit still, kind of jittery/shaky, very self concious about any pain/aches on the body, sometimes hot flashes etc.... The feeling subsides after several hours, im guessing because the alcohol "fully" leaves the body...Can anyone relate to this?!

Its kind of frustrating when i was younger i didnt have this problem at all, im 26 now, and its a extreme change for me...I had full checkup at a hospital recently blood/urine/ekg and i was told i was healthy

Thanks

hidingfromtheworld

the pain / anxiety that you masked just comes back as the alcohol wears off..better not to drink so much my freind..i know its a horrible feeling.

DillJenkins

its rebound anxiety. Its a form of alcohol withdrawal.

I used to drink quite a bit and I would take a Klonopin before I went to bed and this would eliminate the morning anxiety. The benzos and alcohol are somewhat cross tolerant especially with regard to GABA-A receptors.

shybhoy

Hi welcome to SPW :)

I used to get this too....!!!! its your body becoming slower to eject the alcohol from your system. What helped me was to either drink a pint of water or fresh orange juice before bed then in the morning have a banana loaded with potassium and trypotphan and also more water and orange juice. if that does not work you may have a sensitivity to alcohol. Hope this helps. :)

Hey smallfish, i can definitely relate to that. For me, if I drink too much, which luckily is not very often, I am extremely anxious and depressed the next day, which I suppose in general isn't that uncommon, but i get really, really nauseous and lightheaded from the anxiety...like at any moment I could have a panic attack....and for this reason I try not to do that to myself....until company christmas parties come around lol Definitely agree with shybhoy drinking a lot of water before bed, that's the only thing that's saved me in the past. Take care,

Oscelot

Yeah that happens every time for me without fail. Sucks huh? Turns out even the miracle cure has its setbacks.