Doctors- Scary

Bexi

When I go to the doctors, like just now, I feel physically sick and nearly go into a panic spiral :( I would say it is probably the number one most nerve wracking thing in my life at the moment, what are yours?

Septor

Talking to people off line and on and going to place where there are a lots of people in one place.Like the mall.

Snowcrash

Whenever I have to find a new doctor/dentist/barber

Anything like that where I feel like I will be scrutinized by a stranger one on one. Once I find one I like, I get better about going back. But then I will go and relocate.

Right now I am horrified of the idea of finding a new dentist. And the longer I wait the worse I get about it. I'm not so anxious about pain and drilling as the scrutiny. And OK, I have sort of crummy teeth for my age so I tend to get a bit of a "Tsk tsk" from a new dentist.

D

deleteduser

mine is talking on the phone, doctors, meeting an old friend (or anyone i know) in the shops or sumthing etc (there is too many)

maggie

Bexi said:
When I go to the doctors, like just now, I feel physically sick and nearly go into a panic spiral :( I would say it is probably the number one most nerve wracking thing in my life at the moment, what are yours?
hi Bexi...i am a wreck from the night before any appointment...doctor, dentist, whatever.....something that helps me...is to book appointments in advance...and ask for first appointment of the day....so, i always arrive 10 minutes early.... first thing in the morning....the receptionists and office staff are usually still getting organized for the day and too preoccupied....to notice all my weird quirks 8O ..and there aren't usually any other patients in waiting room...and i bring my own book...to look busy while i'm waiting...helps me a little :)

Danfalc

Banned
People.. having to spend time with them.. be around them even having the most brief exchange of words is hell for me.And going out.. im not as bad as i was as ive been working on it,but still being up town is really nerve racking.