Do you worry that your SA makes you look suspicious?

lilmutegirl

Sometimes I fear that my awkwardness could be interpreted as something suspicious. Recently, I took a midterm in class and I felt like I was moving oddly and was afraid the teacher would think I was cheating. I feel this way in stores sometimes too, afraid that my lack of eye contact will make me look like a shoplifter.

jryden

Yes! When I was in school, I did that too and would worry when i made eye contact with the teacher. And if we did make eye contact, I could barely concentrate on the test.
And like you said in the stores too. I feel like I have to do something else to show them that I am not doing anything wrong

HiddenErin

Yeah, I can definitely relate to that. I get paranoid about looking more casual and relaxed all the time, oddly enough I think that doing so makes me look even more suspicious/awkward/weird.

laure15

Recently, I took a midterm in class and I felt like I was moving oddly and was afraid the teacher would think I was cheating.

I can relate to this. Many years ago I was in the same class with my former crush. I have SA, and sitting very near my crush made it worse. Several times when we were testing, I sat diagonally in my seat so that I won't have to look at my crush from the corner of my eye. The teacher must have been suspicious because she told the class to be vigilant of cheaters and cover up their papers.

LoyalXenite

I definately agree, i always get anxious about how my body language is making me look in exams or stores.. or walking anywhere.. just constantly really