do you rely on hobbies to get life fullfillment?

For me i do as i don't get any satisfaction from relationships, career, family, friends etc

..but then i often wonder if my life would be happier without these hobbies as they often require money which i have trouble obtaining due to SA which sometimes makes them more frustating then rewarding. wondered if others faced similar dillemers?

Aron

My dilemma about my hobbies is not about money, I have to work anyway to be able to pay for food, etc. Altough with that said, I have problems to justify the spendings on my hobbies to myself, I feel like I should save as much money as I can for the days when/if I will get unemployed/old. But then I always say to myself, hey, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't go to parties, why the hell I can not spend some money on my hobbies that make me happy, temporarily at least. And I don't exactly plan on living so long that I get old, so what the hell.

But as for the main question of this topic, yes, I do rely on my hobbies to get life fullfillment, as I can't get that from anywhere else, sadly. When I think about this, I often get depressive, since it means that my hobbies are just escapes from real life, from my problems, and I haven't achieved anything in my life, and never will.

truffleshuffle

I used to collect sports memrabilia and cards but I havn;t in awhile. I still own all my stuff that I bought but I just don;t buy anymore. The only hobbie I have is watching moives I guess which is fine becasue I enjoy all types from demestic to foreign when I have a chance.

laure15

Yes, for the most part, my hobbies keep me looking forward to the next day. If I have no hobbies, I have no life.

Azunyan

Yea, spending most of my earnings on anime collectibles.
But without that hobby i would probably not be working, kind of a way to conquer SA and reward myself :3

Donnieboy

Exactly the same case with me. I also need money for my hobby but ofcourse I am cursed by SAD. This actualy resulted in depression for me and not i am on medication. I would advice you do sped some money on hobby or get a hobby that doesn't require money(doesn't work for me). So I just accept it and live my boring life until I get a job and then....:D

RoomBound

Solo hobbies are beneficial, in that you can enjoy yourself whenever you want, without being dependent on others. I enjoy watching/playing sports, reading, writing, driving my sports cars/ATVs/dirt bikes, and landscaping. All things I can do alone.

Mokkat

I'm dependent on entertainment from the computer for keeping the world at bay. I'm hooked, to a point where my socializing and selfdiscipline sometimes suffer.
I do play music, but although I'm pretty creative, I'm far too indecisive, perfectionistic and afraid of critique to ever create any

JackOfSpades

I don't get a lot of fullfillment from work or friends either, and spend way too much time bored, surfing the net, texting, and wondering what to do with myself to become unbored. And before I know it the whole day has passed and I'm doing the same thing again tomorrow. Despite that, I have a hard time not doing those things because they're easy to do, and don't take real effort.

I'm trying to cultivate some hobbies lately. Guitar, learning a language etc. Some things that improve me and that I can take into my tomorrows.

berlingot

for a while i've gotten high on making zines, but now i feel a dip in my productivity & happiness now that i realize they're not selling as quickly as i can churn them out. i just want to share my work, i guess. i could get into trading zines with other people, but that would mean sending out letters to people i barely know, & i don't know if i want to get into that while undergoing exposure therapy with other social situations. maybe trading with strangers could be another exposure experiment itself.

AGR

Right now I dont have a life and no hobbies either,I am thinking of trying something,I am just so lonely,I have to have contact with people other than work,its stressing me a lot.

Fighter86

I don't live a fullfilling life but I don't have hobbies either. I used to love reading but somehow that faded away.

fadedteal

Yes, and it makes me sad coz they're just temporarily escapes from the real world which is sh*t to face at.

Oranges

I feel like I really /need/ a hobby to give me some fulfillment in life. I don't have one, and right now being home all day with absolutely nothing to do is excruciatingly boring. I really need something to do right now. A hobby might make me feel like I have a slight purpose for living, I suppose.

JackOfSpades

Yes, and it makes me sad coz they're just temporarily escapes from the real world which is sh*t to face at.

I dont think hobbies have to be temporary or escapes. They can be lifelong pursuits or even short term endeavors that enhance our experience in the real world. Some hobbies involve learning and self improvement and can be a part of who we are.

Entangled

Everyone's life fulfillment is different, and if a certain hobby does that for you--more power to ya!!

drganon

All I really do when not at work or school is watch tv, play videogames, and screw around on the internet. My life really is just a cycle of hanging out in my basement by myself and only going upstairs to take showers, go to bed, or go to work.