• Chatroom

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • PM

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • neither

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Both? I like chatroom because it keeps you on your toes more, gotta to react quicker. Less time to "think". More ppl interacting with. Feels more "social" to me. I can be more myself I think, when comfortable anyways obviously that's key not everyone is. Pms obviously less hectic and just 2 ppl and is nice and more personable. But also slow... I tend to overthink too much because it's almost like email and being more personal can be more, I don't know, I don't want to say scary but more pressure? (also I assumed PM may also include a mini-message? Which is a little quicker and nice much prefer over PM) Anyways. Yup.

Last edited:

caringsoul

Banned
im not really good wiv group convo, if i do be in a group, im normally just a listener. I prefer 121 communication.

Minty

PM because it's more private. Chat is cool but you often don't want to bring the focus on yourself and your problems even though you desperately need to talk about them, because you feel selfish and you put others in a bad mood. PM, you're just talking to one person and you can both talk about your problems (the good thing about this comm is that most people can relate and conversations are rarely one sided).

Bloir

But if you have Chat, you use it. PM for important things or if you dont see your friend there..(chat)

KnuffleBunny

I use the chatroom because I like to be able to talk with several of my friends at once. I don't mind PMs at all though

The Letter Q

Definitely the chatroom. PM's are much harder for me. In the chatroom I feel like I am not obligated to respond to anything, and can opt out at any time I want. Whenever it's one-on-one conversation, I always feel like I HAVE to respond to whoever is talking to me. It's not that I don't want to talk with them, it's just more pressure. I like to randomly come and go as I please, so that's why I definitely prefer a chatroom.

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

Chatroom because to me, it feels like a nice big party :D More of a group type feeling, like you have a group of friends you belong to. I don't know. That's why I spend so much time there, it really makes me feel happy :p

Oh and I second what Psyche said.

Phoenixx

Chat rooms have always made me nervous. Not sure why, maybe cuz there's just so many people talking? Idk. All I know is that I prefer PM.... Although... Seeing what you guys have to say about the chat room, I might have to give it a go sometime.

Re: The Letter Q

Definitely the chatroom. PM's are much harder for me. In the chatroom I feel like I am not obligated to respond to anything, and can opt out at any time I want. Whenever it's one-on-one conversation, I always feel like I HAVE to respond to whoever is talking to me. It's not the I don't want to talk with them, it's just more pressure. I like to randomly come and go as I please, so that's why I definitely prefer a chatroom.

^This!
wow, i could have written this, word for word.

I use the chatbox a lot. I feel like an outcast in the chatroom. No one has ever done or said anything to make me feel that way, but that's just how I feel in big groups, whether online or not. Wish I wasn't that way, but that's what it is.

I visited the chatroom early in my membership of this site, when I dind't know many of the people here. I'm more nervous to enter now because I don't want to spoil anyones enjoyment of it.

Come in Kiwong!
You wouldn't spoil the enjoyment!

Everyone should come in! We always want new people to talk to :)

Like the above poster said, I also know about the cliquey vibe. But it's going to be like that anywhere. Once you chat there for a day, you'll be a part of it too.
Most everyone is friendly here, we welcome anyone to just say hi :)

As far as PM's go, they seem to be almost nonexistent here. Because you can try to chat up anyone, and 2% of the time get a response back. Even if they do respond, conversations last maybe 1 minute.
I feel more nervous in one on one than I do being random in chat.
I was surprised to see PM's are in the lead.

PM is more personal to me :) But I still like chatting on the chatroom, well anyways just write me if you wanna chat, i won't bite:p

Last edited: