Do you order the soup?

when you go out to eat, do you order the soup?

• yes

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • no

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • sometimes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • i prefer to order a salad

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • only if it's the beer cheese soup

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Sometimes yes, because it challenges my fear of eating in front of other people, which is at it's worst when faced with soup

coyote

Sometimes yes, because it challenges my fear of eating in front of other people, which is at it's worst when faced with soup

interesting

what in particular about eating soup do you feel causes you to be anxious?

what in particular about soup causes you to dislike it?

no tricks, just curious

It's a whole bowl to consume of something that has the same taste. Every spoonful is the same as the last.
I prefer a meal of different tastes on my plate.:)

interesting

what in particular about eating soup do you feel causes you to be anxious?

A major part of my social phobia involved intense fear of eating with other people because of uncontrollable shaking of my hands - with soup being the most feared culprit - it was in a work lunch situation that I had my first panic attack. I was in my early 20s when this started and it's taken me years and years to eventually seek help and mostly get over it. No internet back then, so I had no idea what was happening to me. I still like to challenge it to keep the lid on it :thumbup:

gummybear22

there's a particular restaurant that i get tomato soup, usually with half a sandwich too. best tomato soup i've ever had, though i wish i'd remember to tell them no croutons, cuz they put them in the soup and i'm not a soggy bread eater.

coyote

It's a whole bowl to consume of something that has the same taste. Every spoonful is the same as the last.
I prefer a meal of different tastes on my plate.:)

interesting

do you feel the same way about pizza? :idontknow:

coyote

A major part of my social phobia involved intense fear of eating with other people because of uncontrollable shaking of my hands - with soup being the most feared culprit - it was in a work lunch situation that I had my first panic attack. I was in my early 20s when this started and it's taken me years and years to eventually seek help and mostly get over it. No internet back then, so I had no idea what was happening to me. I still like to challenge it to keep the lid on it :thumbup:

so did your hands shake because you were anxious, or were you anxious because your hands shook due to some other reason?

it is inspiring to hear how you have worked to identify and overcome your problems - good for you :thumbup:

coyote

there's a particular restaurant that i get tomato soup, usually with half a sandwich too. best tomato soup i've ever had, though i wish i'd remember to tell them no croutons, cuz they put them in the soup and i'm not a soggy bread eater.

there's a place nearby where i go to eat regularly that makes all their food from locally grown meat and produce.

i had their tomato kale soup for lunch today, and it was outstanding

they served the croutons on the side

gummybear22

i've never had kale, but i like collard greens and turnip greens. don't like spinach unless it's cooked baby spinach unless it's on/in something like an omelette

so did your hands shake because you were anxious, or were you anxious because your hands shook due to some other reason?

it is inspiring to hear how you have worked to identify and overcome your problems - good for you :thumbup:

thank you :]

I cant remember exactly, but initially my hands shook for some other reason - too much coffee/adreniline/?? - then my mind associated the situation with the shaking and I would get intensely anxious before lunch or whenever. I felt that people could see me shaking and I feared they would comment about it

When I go to the pub on Friday's, if I really need to, I order the soup of the day.Which can be a mystery.

- split pea
- potato-bacon
- sausage potato-bacon
- bacon-cheese-burger
- many more

I'd have to say I love split pea. Espcecially when the right chef comes in. He makes it so thick and creamy!.

jaim38

Sometimes. But soup usually makes me feel fuller than normal because I have to drink the large cup of beverage too, so I usually don't order soup.

Hoppy

I never liked soup.

My parents love soup.

And they tried to force me to like soup.

I've done my share, and I will never waste my money on soup.

Socks

Not usually. I'll only order soup if it's part of a special that already comes with soup, or of course in one of those rare moments where I actually crave soup.

I'm not big on soup, I prefer a salad. One of the really good unhealthy ones loaded with ham and shredded cheese and ranch dressing and bacon bits and croutons with only like 4 pieces of lettuce.

Lea

Banned
I don´t go to eat out. Not only it´s expensive, I am just not used to it. I prefer to buy my own things instead.. I also rather eat melone for example, than ordinary lunch. Looks like I am about to return back on the trees :).

lol, I just noticed this thread is listed as one of the 3 threads currently in the "Hot today" section. :bigsmile: