Do you feel anxiety around pretty Men/women/boys/girls

Hi,

I have a very hard problem.. I feel really much anxiety around pretty boys and girls. I think it's because I find them attractive, and that makes me feel shy and nervous. I feel like i can't look them in the eye and i make big bloopers in front of them. It makes me really awkward.
And sometimes I just avoid those places, like .. when i have to pay at a register, I chose the most ugliest person XD.. I know this sounds ridiculus but its a really hard deal for me.. :/

Maybe some of you can relate..

Well.. Much Love

Sass

market.garden

I know exactly what you mean and I do the same thing when I'm paying at a register. Sometimes I'll force myself to go to the prettiest one, sort of exposure therapy. Not sure if its helping but what the hell :)

lyricalliaisons

I always get very anxious & even terrified. I also sometimes start feeling very inadequate. I try not to look at them, but some people make it hard not to lol.

Last month i went out to buy clothes somewhere and most people that worked there were gorgeous latin girls, it was fine until my dad called one to help me with the clothes, blushing time! :|

Yep, I definantly get anxiety around good looking women. Usually it's just a bit of shyness, and maybe some avoiding of eye contact, but sometimes I literally stop breathing for a few seconds and have to get my breath back lol.

Pookah

Yeah I try to choose "friendly looking" cashiers, even though I make little eye contact so they probably think I'm stuck up or rude.

Luthien

I get really awkward and try to impress them. I try to be charismatic and cool and maybe squeeze in some little tid-bit about something I've done that I think is impressive. I don't know what it is about pretty people, but I just feel like they must be cool and if they like me then I'll be cool too. Maybe it's something I carry over from high school? It sure seems like a ridiculous teenage assessment of reality. The problem for me is that in my head I'm scrutinizing my every move and word, thinking "why did I say that? That was dumb." Or "why did I lean over like that, I must look like such an idiot!"

I just realized something, actually. I do this with people that I think are pretty, people who look really wild with dreadlocks or colored hair, tattoos and interesting, weird clothes. When it comes to people who look "conventionally" pretty, like a girl in a tee-shirt and jeans who looks like a model, I totally avoid them, because I assume they're probably a**holes.

Last edited:
I get anxious around pretty ppl cuz i assume because of them being pretty they have developed very good social skills and have a personality..
i am pretty, but im an exception...

Ravens

And sometimes I just avoid those places, like .. when i have to pay at a register, I chose the most ugliest person XD.. I know this sounds ridiculus but its a really hard deal for me.. :/

lol, this is exactly what I do... if I've got the choice anyway, I don't go shopping by myself, but if I can control the direction of the trolley, then yup.
At least that way if I fail to make eye contact or say very little, I don't feel like either I'm being judged or the person at the register is being judged by me... like thinking I'm being rude to them for some reason.
Though my mates don't know about my condition (I can hide my true feelings pretty well after years of enduring it), and sometimes I'm forced to deal with it anyway.

anomicdeer

I feel that around anyone. No matter how they look but usually how they act. If they are talking about parties and stuff.

BlackKids

I dont mind, To be honest I pick the girls who look must like they want a ride. Damn these hormones lol

spect01

I try my best to not act weird around girls my age. If only one of them would actually speak to me. Nice to dream I guess.

hangbi92

yeah I have that feeling too. Im anxious around people who are pretty, dynamic or confident. They make me think that i am so flawed compared to them. Thats why I only play with people who are not very pretty, or people who are nerdy, social inept and quiet like me.

Luna1740

Honestly when I see someone super attractive I feel more relaxed just because they seem to take my mind away from thinking about panicing, so I tend to pick the most "anti-ugliest" person to use their cash register :)

static

all the time. i know they're probably thinking that i look weird. i wish everyone had a bag over their head, lol.

Luna1740

all the time. i know they're probably thinking that i look weird. i wish everyone had a bag over their head, lol.

double bag: when you have to put a bag over your head in case the person you are having sex with's bag falls off

Sorry, just had to say it hahahaha