Do you enjoy being home and alone?

Niceguy23

I actually like it when im home and alone. I would consider myself a home body and loner. It doesnt make me sad that Im home most of the time and I dont interact much with others.

MNM322

YES to both...however only if "alone" includes my dogs. I'd go crazy being completely alone.

I do get uber bored but I get way annoyed around most people anyway so its just a pick of two evils I guess. At least being alone is peaceful

EscapeArtist

Yes, it's really nice... for awhile. I would NOT want to ever live alone though. I can take half a day alone, then i'd really rather not be.. Are TV and computer and music considered alone? because you're still relating to people, false illusion of company. So think about life without all of those things, I'd be insane! I'm on the computer and TV simultaneously all day just to mock the feeling of not being alone!

jaim38

Yes, I like being home alone, but definitely not apartment alone. When I'm alone in my parents' house, I can talk to myself and goof off as much as I want. But when I'm in an apartment, I have neighbors to worry about; if I talk to myself, they will think I'm crazy, which happened a while back. Apartment walls are super thin.

But I will go crazy if I'm alone for many days. I need company, whether they be online or offline. Which is why I visit this site because like EscapeArtist said, it gives me the illusion of company.

Last edited:

chibiXphantom

i like being home and alone. sometimes i get lonely and wish i werent alone, but when someone DOES come around, i tend to get kind of annoyed and angry. like when i've had the house to myself all day and my parents get home from work i get really annoyed.

ImNotMyIllness

I don't really enjoy being home alone. I find it depressing but even worse is to spend it with company that I'm not comfortable being around. For me to go out with someone, conditions have to be just right.

sociafobia

Yes I do. I like to be inside home all day. Meeting other people makes me restless. But after some time i will be bored of being alone,having no good friends to talk to.

awkwardamanda

I would consider myself a home body and loner.

THIS!!!
I love it when nobody's home, especially if it's for a few days. I can watch whatever I want on TV. Put on music and sing along. Leave a mess in the kitchen. I look forward to living alone. Right now I spend a lot of time in my bedroom. I just don't ever want to live in an apartment or even a duplex. I'd never feel completely alone. I would always be worried my neighbours could hear me.

MikeyC

i like being home and alone. sometimes i get lonely and wish i werent alone, but when someone DOES come around, i tend to get kind of annoyed and angry. like when i've had the house to myself all day and my parents get home from work i get really annoyed.
Ha, this is about me. When my parents get back home it's like, "gah, can't you stay out a few more hours?" ;)

mikebird

Banned
I've done it for a long time.

Best advantage is that I never argue with anyone.

Worst is that I cannot deal with any person. Even the closest of friends I've had over many years, when we meet after about 2 years, or more.

Pets would be amazing. Not enough space or budget to be fair to them.

Must tick ALL the boxes to be accepted by society. Every single one. There are millions of attributes, and I'll list a few. Any box unticked means no life. There is no compromise.

Love & worship parents
Love your employer. Lick their shoes
Be loyal
Must be married. Before you're 18. Forever
Breed immediately
Always smile
Love everyone
Never leave
Never stand up for yourself
Do as told
Let others carve your fortune and fate

When everyone leaves, oh dear

All my closest friends have suffered from the torment and cruelty I have. I saw it coming long before they did. This goes for my father and brother. I was the first with the foresight, insight, hindsight, and wisdom

EVERYTHING begins with acceptance and delight. Rejection will follow, harshly

Last edited:
When I'm home alone I feel a relief, when I get home from school I'm home alone for like 4 hours until my parents and sister get home. When they're all at home someone always will get in my room without even knocking on the door just to ask some stupid question or ask me to do something for them.

twiggle

Must tick ALL the boxes to be accepted by society. Every single one. There are millions of attributes, and I'll list a few. Any box unticked means no life. There is no compromise.

Love & worship parents
Love your employer. Lick their shoes
Be loyal
Must be married. Before you're 18. Forever
Breed immediately
Always smile
Love everyone
Never leave
Never stand up for yourself
Do as told
Let others carve your fortune and fate

This is a ridiculous list.
Particularly the marriage one, barely anybody marries so young these days and I'd even say that the ones who do are ridiculed moreso than people who wait until they're older.

tizzy

I'm a home body too, and I like being alone. Anxiety issues make it unpleasant to be places for much longer than a few hours.
After work when I step in my door I always give a hugh sigh of relief and sometimes I say out loud, oh...my home ahhhh. lol

Dreamscape

I used to love living in my parents house in my room, where all my childhood and youth spent. all isolated, mind numbed, stayed away from everything in life. I basically feel living in emptiness and never ending void. It was all right untill I start to live alone in another country, surrounded by the strangers and my social phobia, AvPD, I realized I had been dead until this point. There is a life opportunity waiting for me outside, but my SP suppresses me and puts me on stay. I basically have no common interest in the life outside but nevertheless i wanted to stay in touch. once again my isolation kept me insecure and made me home body.

LifeInternal88

THIS!!!
I love it when nobody's home, especially if it's for a few days. I can watch whatever I want on TV. Put on music and sing along. Leave a mess in the kitchen. I look forward to living alone. Right now I spend a lot of time in my bedroom.

^that's me

I love love love it

gustavofring

I used to like it back when I had regular schedules and routines, but I have spent too much time at home for the past few years. The joy has turned into boredom, depression and anxiety that I can't seem to snap out of. The feeling like the world is passing you by.

I really long to get out, but I haven't found a job yet and not much of a social life.

dean01

if i go out i want to go home due to anxiety but if i stay home to long i want to go out due to boredom. catch 22