Do I have a legitamate reason for Agoraphobia?

gsmax5

Up until I was around 13, I love going to public places, eating out, blablabla. But then, there was this time (actually, I had a few occasions like this) where I was out with my family at a pizza restaurant, and these kids from my school that I didn't even know started to harass me at my own table. They started playing with my shirt, grabbing my fork etc. Then my mom got angry and got them to leave. I was ridiculed in front of my own family.

Now every time I am in a public place, I am terrified of sitting close to a group of kids my age, or even younger. I feel like they will approach, and harass me.

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but do you think that something like this could happen again now that I'm 18?

Rise Against

I dont think that would happen again. You were 13 when this happened so the people harassing you were probably about 13 too? They have probably matured a little by now and wouldn't harass you in front of your own family.

madmike

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but the question really is irrelevant. You're just looking for an excuse to your problems, a way of justifying it, but that's just gonna lead you away from trying to solve it. And the truth is, you don't want to live with agoraphobia (or any kind of fear for that matter) for your whole life, because we need connections and we need to get out and we need to feel that we're free to do those things we want to do. It's tempting to blame other people/incidents for our problems and i know i could right an essay on why i think my reason for SA is legitimate, but i'm not going to... Anyone who has SA will have some kind of legitimate reason/excuse for it, but as long as carry on blaming it we can't really progress. Sorry, i really do understand why you feel you need the justification, but it's counterproductive!