do any of you get the feeling that everyone dislikes you?

Atari82

I get this feeling lately its like no matter what even if they don't talk to me they start disliking me and im not sure but i think its cause i look to innocent and am asian? It just makes me feel down all the time, anyone get this type of feeling and any advice or comments?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
That would be paranoia and insecurity. I think it's safe to say that everyone on this site experiences both to some degree.

When that part of you kicks in, ask it for proof and hard evidence that everyone dislikes you, or to shut the **** up. :)!

And aside from a few KKK members, who's going to care that you're asian? :confused:

Vecis

I have this feeling all the time, but its also because I generally dislike other people. In my university course I usually speak with few people and not really social.

I think that many dislike my looks, my specific speech and behavior. As for nationality I sometimes have feeling that some radical nationalist neo-Nazi students dislikes me for my Jewish origins even thought I am more Latvian than Jew.

FOR REAL

Banned
i think depression and anxiety leads to all these kind of feelings.

in saying that, when i had a job in a large factory i was convinced everyone disliked or hated me. eventually i just had enough, walked out and never looked back.
i got accused out from 100s of workers of writing graffiti on the toilet wall, and stealing a pair of buffy the vampire pyjamas:confused:

i seem to get the blame of lots of things i never done and the feeling of hatred from mostly everywhere ive been so then i say to myself move onto the next place which has lead to isolation. if im being honest, i never planned for that to happen, but now that it has i rather enjoy it.
people say that its a bad thing to be reclusive and a bad way to live. i personally find it necessary

ive never really been one for social activities like picnics in the park, the cinema, 10 pin bowling, work, all those type of things

society sucks in my opinion

DarkSeeker

Yes I definitely feel like everyone dislikes me, even hates me, particularly before they even heard me say anything. I also often feel like everyone ought to get me and laugh at everything I do, which turn out to be true more often than not.

Carnation

Yeah I'm definitely in that situation at the moment in work. I've had loud comments made by people I don't even know such as "oh she's so quiet" and "she's a snob" and passive aggressive behaviour, walking into me on purpose and generally spreading rumours about me to other people. I've had more than enough and often feel like walking out. Any more crap and I just might do that. I'm hated before I've said or done anything. People and society in general are very judgemental especially about anything that does not appear normal, look cool and fits in with their narrow minded outlook.

temujoe

I don't think everyone's experiences are paranoia. If you're from a different culture than the majority where you are, depending if that culture is tollerant of you or not, you may be treated kindly, or harshly. Most people here seem to feel different at least.

If you are from the majority culture, you can still be singled out just because people think they can dominate you.

What's your case?

Lorraine Manca

i know the feeling. im extremely paranoid about people naturally not liking me and it bothers me. i base it on mostly because i know i look and act sad all the time and no one could like that. its not paranoia if its the truth and i'm near damn sure it's true.

i think our only options are:

a) do that cbt stuff and convince yourself your paranoia's not true
b) not care what other people think(easy to say, hard to do) and accept being a loner
c) gather your aquaintances, accuse them of all conspiring against you, and then proceed to the parking deck to slash their tires

im going with option b

or some combo of that

Noca

Banned
Using CBT, there would be multiple cognitive distortions in the thought "everyone dislikes me". First "all or nothing thinking", either everyone likes you or no one does, in reality there are rarely any absolutes. Next is "jumping to conclusions". You make a negative interpretation even though there are no definite facts that convincingly support your conclusion, in this case, that everyone dislikes you. Another is "emotional reasoning", you think everyone dislikes you, therefore it MUST be true.

When you start to recognize negative thought patterns like this and distorted thoughts, you can begin to make more balanced thoughts and start to feel better about yourself. Cognitive distortions are distorted thoughts that we use to make ourselves feel depressed, anxious, guilty, etc.

jdiane

Yes! I feel that way a whole lot. Some days I feel pretty good about myself and am in a good mood. But most of the time I feel like I'm just not wanted or am invisible or have a "i don't matter " sign on my forehead. In my opinion, I wouldn't think it would be because you are asian... some of the most sweetest and smartest people I've met have been asian. Do you have any good days where people actually talk to you and include you in the conversation?? I try to focus on that. Do you talk to them first and get them to talk back to you? Sometimes that gets the conversation going.. If we always depend on the other person to start the conversation, they will feel like you aren't interested in speaking to them..

iamthenra

I get that feeling that most people start out kinda liking me, until they get to know the "real" me, then most people stop liking me all together... It's obvious when all the attention that I used to get is now nothing... So I am sure it isn't me being paranoid... I'm pretty good at eating crow too.... or fillet of soul...:D

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
If people get to know me, they always like me. But in the beginning, most people don't, it's almost like it's the default reaction.

I've been told by so many that they couldn't stand me when they first met me, but then they later realized I was nothing like what they initially thought.

Of course I never think to ask what they mean by that. Ha Ha

Nack

Banned
I'm in the same boat, I feel like people are hating on me because i'm asian. Especially white people... =_=

wiggles

Fcuk them all , I've had people hate me and push me around just because they dont like the head off me ...........
I'm not asian though but From my experiences some white people can look down on asians and those that aren't white (rascists). Most of us aren't like this though.
Easier said than done but you need to ignore these negative thoughts.

If you can, try to start a conversation or even ask them for help on something. Watch how they respond.... that should tell you if it's in your head or a reality.

recluse

I'm in the same boat, I feel like people are hating on me because i'm asian. Especially white people... =_=

You can't say that all white people are the same. I respect people no matter what race/nationality they are, we are all equal as human beings.

As for me i automatically asume that people dislike me, i can't rationalise that people can't possibly dislike me before they even know me. I think because of this i am often too nice to people perhaps because i am so afraid of people hating me.

Last edited:

Kat

They probably think you hate them and respond accordingly. People are high maintenance.

Silvox Black

It would be a bit of paranoia I suppose. Though it is understandable. Everyone goes through these sorts of thoughts from when they are young to when they are old. It is all about your self-image and self-esteem.

Rxqueen

yea all the time especially when ppl come up to me and say, "I don't like you. Go away." lol. That's actually happened to me before.....though not with that exact phrase.

If someone dislikes you because ur Asian they're racist and their opinion shouldn't matter. I'd say **** em.