Do animals help?

akala

Do animals help with depression and feelings that SA give you?
Or being around them?

I want a bird, i used to have one and he was my best friend.

Lamb

Yes they do. What kind of bird are you interested in? Perhaps you can rescue one.

coyote

i need someone to help me with the housework, dishes, etc...

cats aren't really very good at that sort of thing

mikebird

Banned
A lot. I started with a countryside life for 9 years, and don't expect to see again

Cattle, hay, dairy, tractors, dogs, guinea pigs. The smell. I had a hare in a hutch cos the farmer hated it. It scratched us :giggle:

We played with electric fences as kids. 3 next door. My proper brothers. Walked for hours into forests, getting lost, pre-school, where there were waterfalls, lakes and streams

I rode old mopeds, scramblers, tri bikes and quads. Grifters & Choppers. We had harvest festival each year in the club room of the pub I lived in. 1970s

The cats in our car park now like me

Last edited:

Lamb

Oooh, cockatiels are awesome if you have the time commitment. Dont know much about budgies.

IntheLabyrinth

I definitely want to get a dog soon. They really are man's best friend (that should probably be changed to people's best friend)... I wish I could get Wilfred. What would be better than a dog that helps you sort out your problems?

Lamb

I definitely want to get a dog soon. They really are man's best friend (that should probably be changed to people's best friend)... I wish I could get Wilfred. What would be better than a dog that helps you sort out your problems?

A teddy bear that sorts problems! :p

Kiwong

I have a Cockatiel and I love her dearly. The good thing about having a pet is that my concerns are directed towards another living other than myself.

LittleKitty

Animals have always helped me a lot. ^_^
Cockatiels are social, calm and playful.
Budgies are active and playful.