Diazepam dosage public speaking

Anonymous

Hi
I have am going to get some propranolol to help with my public speaking but I'm not sure it will be able to get it in time for one of the big ones on Friday. I do have some diazepam that has never been used, 2mg but is well within date, they are 2mg, would this be effective at stopping a trembling voice at a presentation. I have to speak to 400 people!!!!! I'm so worried, I hope I can get propranolol but I don't know whether I can in time, so I wondered whether I could use this Valium as a back up. Would it be effective at all do you reckon, I would only use it once because I could definitely get propranolol after friday, it's just I am away from home at the moment. How much do you reckon would work?

Cheers

-Jp

i'm not sure if the pills come in different sizes but i used them for a while some time ago and they where normal sized blue pills, if you never use them normally i'd recommend not more then one half cause otherwise there's a good chance you get drowsy

Anonymous

You can get off the net in about a week from overseas...so best is to get to a doctor quick and he will provide you samples or a script you can pick up that day.....propanolol is what you need. I used it last friday for a big pres and can't believe how well it works. for the fisrt time in 30 years no beating fight or flight heart on stage.

How do you feel during presentations?

Anonymous

I get a shakey voice, real fast beating heart, start to blush (because of the sound of my voice) and get hot and sweaty.

How much did you take?
How long before the presentation should you take them?

Cheers

Anonymous

Stan

I just started last week.....40mg before about 1-1.5 hours before will do you for most of the day. It just workd perfect. I want to try 20-30mg but 40mg is a definate and makes me feel just great. No shaly voice, trembling legs, or fast heartbeat.....just clear thinking...incredible. I have never felt that good on stage....plus it helps with blushing.

chloe

Valium!

Hello Everyone!

I have to say valium for public speaking works a dream! I find 5mg does the trick. Take it say 45 mins before your speech. A few months ago I had some VERY, VERY, SCARY and important interviews with 20 people in a panel. I took 10mg valium, 5mg about 5 hours before the interview, and another 5 mg about 45 mins before the interview.

They were consultant clinical psychs and psychiatrists who were interviewing me and obviously couldn't tell I had taken anything....as I got the job!

But be careful, as with prescription drugs they can be highly addictive - esp the benzos - but taken in the right situation they are a life saver. I hate, hate hate (!) talking and presenting in groups, but this little tablet works a dream, and although you are still essentially 'you', you are just a slightly more chilled 'you'.

Just be careful though - its always good to do a test run before the interview to see how you react to the valium also.

BUT, obviously valium is not something you would want to make a habit of, but is very helpful occasionally.

Take care everyone, it's nice to know we are not alone in our fear of presentations and public speaking!

Very best wishes,

Chloe xx

Anonymous

can i just add that if you haven't taken it in a while you risk falling asleep mid speech... or maybe just lacking the concentration to really think. :( just wanted to mention before big drowsy blunder occurs.