Death in the family

Lamb

Good Morning everyone.

Just received news that my grandfather passed away last night from heart failure after a surgery. My mother is tough.. a fighter. I don't know if she's been crying. My dad is a pretty emotional person and it aggravates me sometimes, lol. I fear he's going to drag her into depression with his reactions. He gets all panicky and anxious like. I think I'm going to have to have a talk with him.. a serious one about how he needs to calm down, but I'm not a confrontational person. He's going to give me a strong response and we'll end up butting heads, as much as I would like not to.

Me, I'm a pretty sensitive person but I'm not really close to any family members except my mother so I'm not overly emotional about anything. Always thought I handled death awkwardly.

My initial thought was "**********" I've got a wake to attend. I'm not sure if family attends one of those? It's not an open casket viewing. How can I help my mother deal with loss and talk to my father? How have you dealt with loss?

Last edited:
So sorry your Grandfather has passed away Lamb.:sad:
I can't offer any advice on how you can help your mother and father deal with the grief, as I have only lost family members I was not close too.
Maybe they would just need you to be there if they need to talk about how your Grandfathers death is making them feel.
Sometimes the death of someone can bring up suppressed thoughts and emotions that need to be delt with when they surface.

laure15

My condolences to your family. I agree with Bluedays. Try to be there for your parents in case they need a shoulder to cry on. You can console your mother. As for your father, if speaking to him can make him confrontational, don't say anything. Sometimes a rub on the shoulders or squeeze on the hands is all that's needed to give someone reassurance. I'm sure you can give him a hug.

I hope this helps.